We are happy to announce the Bahmni 0.92 Release Candidate. This release primarily focuses on Platform/Infrastructure upgrades, and ERP upgrade. Apart from the critical fixes, no new functionality was planned for this release.
Platform & Infrastructure Upgrade:
- Operating System upgraded to CentOS7.4+
- Nagios 4.3
- Mysql upgrade 5.7
- Postgres upgrade 9.6
- Apache upgrade 2.4
- Odoo 10 - with this release, we have moved from OpenERP7 to Odoo 10.
- OS: CentOS 7.4 +
- If you are using Vagrant, you can try locally by spawning up a new Vagrant with CentOS7 minimal. For example, download a sample Vagrant file from here.
System resource allocations will depend on what all components that you want, but 8GB is a pretty good to work with.
- Download and setup the installer
yum install bahmni-installer-0.92-110.noarch.rpm
- Configure your setup
- Use a sample “setup.yml” file
- Open and modify the file, and add the repo link
- You may modify other parameters/variables. For example: timezone, passwords etc
- Check this link for parameters/variables
- Copy the “setup.yml” file to /etc/bahmni-installer/
- Modify the inventory file “local” (/etc/bahmni-installer/local) to make changes of components you wish to keep/remove. You can just remove/add the component from the group. For example: to install “bahmni-lab”, add the destination machine IP or FQDN under [bahmni-lab]
- Run installation
bahmni -i local install
- BAH-841 - Discount Amount is not calculated in Journal Entry while validate Invoice. (Work in Progress)
- We are also trying to work out “Receive payment” other than cash. (This would hopefully not require code change)
Please refer to the documentation on Advanced Installation. The WIKI documentation may refer to 0.91, but they should work for 0.92 as well.
Please also refer Installing and Configuring Bahmni Connect for Bahmni Connect Setup
Connect APK Link
There is no automated updated from 0.91 to 0.92 because of OS change, which probably means you need a different machine/instance. We will be updating and publishing documents on migration to help you assist in this process. As of now, we can import all databases (you can mention the database dumps during installation) other than openerp. We will be coming up with documented approach (manual way) from moving from OpenERP to Odoo
If you are unable to migrate to Odoo, because of various operational reasons, fear not. You can still use your existing OpenERP7 implementation and connect to Bahmni 0.92 for rest of the functions. You would need a different machine running OpenERP, or one that is running in a container/virtual machine. There would be few manual steps to follow though.
- Rebuild Search Index: It’s mandatory to rebuild search indexes from the OpenMRS UI. Without this, Patient, Drug and Concept searches won’t work in Bahmni or OpenMRS. Please rebuild the indexes post install/upgrade: OpenMRS => Navigate to Administration => Search Index => Run Rebuild Search Index.
- Odoo configuration: Even with default installation, Odoo comes with a very basic setup. We strongly advise, you take time to setup and configure Odoo. Describing a setup for a comprehensive Odoo implementation, is beyond Bahmni’s scope. However, for the integration of Odoo with the rest of the system (mainly Clinical), we have tried to document the essential configurations/setup required.
- Please follow the “Odoo Configuration” document
- Please provide us with corrections/feedback or suggestions.
- You may leave a commit (with your name) in the document.
- Login credentials: If you have installed using “default” setup (setup.yml => implementation_name: default), the credentials would be.
- Bahmni Clinical : superman/Admin123
- Lab: admin/adminADMIN!
- Billing: admin/admin
- Radiology: admin/admin
What happens next?
- For the next 2 weeks, we are in the “Community QA” phase.
- We would appreciate anyone willing to help in this process. If you want to contribute, and coordinate with the core-team, please ping/DM us on talk or slack.
- You may test out the RC on your machine or on QA environments (Qa-08)
- For any issues, please respond in this thread.
All reported issues will be initially registered on a temporary Excel sheet and shared with the community to keep pace with. (Temporary since eventually all issues are either closed or entered in JIRA).
– Please use this link to keep track of the excel file for any reported issues
- The core-team will look onto the issues reported, triage and prioritise on a continuous basis.
- Prioritization will happen in the daily standup calls. If you want to talk to the team and/or highlight issues etc, feel free to join us on zoom (https://thoughtworks.zoom.us/j/531292434) at 2:30 pm IST (9 am UTC). You may also talk to us on Bahmni slack.
- Usually only critical/blockers issues will be considered. Minor issues/enhancements will be registered onto JIRA for subsequent release assessments.
- We will be taking frequent builds onto QA environments, as soon as any issue is resolved. The designated public QA instance (QA-08) will go through update once daily. We will announce of build availability through slack and talk.
- All goes great, we will be looking at formal release in 2 weeks time.
- We plan to arrange for multiple demo sessions on Odoo. We will notify on this thread. These sessions will be recorded and uploaded to Bahmni Youtube channel.
At the same time
- We will be updating WIKI, especially for Odoo documentation. We plan to create parallel pages (still keeping OpenERP7 pages) for Odoo 10.
- We will be updating videos on Odoo on Bahmni community channel