Hi Community, This is to let people know about a focused Technical Design session this Wednesday, 9:30pm IST | 7pm Nairobi | 6pm Cape Town | 4pm UTC | 12pm Boston | 9am Seattle.
Goal: Decide how to model, in core, support for Patient Lists.
Where: Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://iu.zoom.us/j/454867509 Or Telephone: Dial: +1 346 248 7799 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) Meeting ID: 454 867 509 International numbers available: https://iu.zoom.us/u/a7jgrXv19
Notes: Etherpad prepared here.
More Background: Ampath explained on the TAC call last week that they would like to allocate resources to work on improved support in our core backend for configurable patient lists. They have been finding they’ve had to re-work a number of things due to not having enough support for patient lists, and currently populate list-views with hard-coded queries to the back-end. It turned out PIH has faced some similar needs and handled it differently (e.g. Pt Queueing & CommCare Referrals - this is a query to Reporting Module API endpoint). Ampath is interested in collaborating on designing a generalizeable solution.
Use case examples:
- I need to see a list of patients I need to follow up on / I’m responsible for
- Program lists (e.g. patients referred to our Cardiology program)
- Panels of patients
Some MVP Considerations (from TAC conversation):
- Dynamic set of patients
- Permissions should be list-specific (what about user-specific?)
- Viewers (read-only), editors (add/remove patients from list), and admins (edit list definitions)
- Configurable, user-specific list of columns for patient list (e.g. referral date…)
- User-based config needs to be stored on server, not locally (how?)
- Able to leave that list in cases that are not longitudinal
(I won’t be able to make the meeting due to the COVID squad call; but that’s fine. Just connecting @nkimaina @burke @ibacher @florianrappl and @dkayiwa as promised as a next step from the TAC call (@jdick on vacation), and opening to anyone who’d like to join.)