Hi all, we are drafting what a more reliable and sustainable terminology service to the OpenMRS based on OCL and CIEL would look like to inform planning/roadmaps/resourcing/etc – and we’d like to get everyone’s input! The intention is to clarify what the OpenMRS community’s needs and expectations are, so that OCL/CIEL can better meet them. Hopefully more transparency around OCL/CIEL plans and roadmaps will improve each implementation’s ability to plan timelines, resources, etc. for your own terminology approach.
So, what is on your wish list for OCL/CIEL? And what requirements do you have going forward? Anything is game – a few areas to think about:
- Availability of releases
- Types of mappings available
- Turnaround time for concept requests
- Commitments to service reliability (uptime, etc.)
- Availability of historical versions of CIEL
- Support and troubleshooting
- Downloads in other formats (SQL, JSON, XML, CSV, etc.)
- Ability to create your own subsets
- Creating your own custom concepts alongside CIEL
- Offline installation of CIEL dictionary
It would also be helpful to know what version of OpenMRS you are using – is anyone still using v1.6 or v1.7 that needs access to CIEL updates?
Are there any specific challenges you have with respect to CIEL/OCL?
Thanks for your input! Jon