Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Welcome to the community Mayank! Glad you made it.

3 Likes

Hi I’m Ken Joseph a graduate in Information Technology, I do web design, java programming, and Music is my Co-Activity.

I’m a beginner with OpenMRS and looking forward to knowing and contribute greatly to these open world of development.

3 Likes

Hi All, My name is Muhammad Ahmed .I am Software Developer at Interactive Health Solutions(informatics) . i am newbie to OpenMRS . when i joined IHS , i came to hear alot about OpenMRS and how most of our development is based on OpenMRS .it’s fascinating how OpenMRS community is developing this system by adding new features and reporting techniques . All this came by little contributions from everyone, which made me realize i should also contribute to the System . OpenMRS has given world a brilliant System for Health . Thanks Muhammad Ahmed

3 Likes

I call my self REFUGE: Am a student at Nairobi Aviation College: Doing Diploma in Computer science:

3 Likes

Elisha Olwal, I am an upcoming software developer and I have just concluded the openmrs bootcamp at Kisumu. I have learned a lot of things within a scarce time limit, most of the things I have learned are new concepts applicable to the OpenMRS program and I feel that I still need to learn more things. I am glad about the new concepts learned.

3 Likes

I’m a computer science professor at SUNY Plattsburgh, a smallish college in New York state, just south of Canada. I do research in machine learning with consumer health applications. I am currently teaching a computer security class, and am planning to have the class do a security audit of OpenMRS later this month. Thought they are only beginners at this, I hope that they will produce something of value to the community.

Outside being a professor, I love to get out of doors to enjoy nature, whether gardening, crafting things with wood or hiking in the mountains.

3 Likes

Hi all! I am M.Saad Qureshi and I have studied BS-Bioinformatics from Baqai Medical University and currently working at Interactive Health Solutions as a Software Engineer. This is my first interaction with OpenMRS so I am learning more about it and I would like to contribute to make it more fruitful as I believe it will be a best use of my skills :smile:

3 Likes

Greetings everyone! I am a physician (trained in Emergency Medicine), and for the past 3.5 years have been serving as the Chief Medical Officer for a teaching and referral hospital in southern Ethiopia. When I started at this hospital, we had no electronic methods of capturing clinical data. I learned about OpenMRS, and about four months ago we implemented it here. (The first two years were putting a network in place). We have begun with Patient Registration, and capturing Diagnosis data on outpatients and inpatients. We are keen to expand the use of OMRS throughout the hospital including outpatient clinics, physician order entry, and keeping tabs on our inpatient census. We lok forward to being a part of the community!

4 Likes

I am one of Mr. Francis’s senior students working on this project. We are all excited to dive in and find somewhere to contribute. Just wanted to associate myself with his introduction! –Megan Hatfield

4 Likes

Hi all, I am Mhawila Mhawila but I go by Willa. Introduction is probably one of the things I am not good at. But anyway I am a developer, sys admin, trainer and a father :wink:. I work for Regenstrief as a software developer mainly supporting AMPATH Kenya development and IT teams.

I hope I have tried! Remember I said introduction is hard for me!

3 Likes

Introducing myself, Wes Rishel. I generally describe me as a Retired Healthcare IT Nerd. Back in the day I was very active in HL7, writing some of and editing all of the early Version 2 standards. I was also Chair of HL7 for two years and on the Board for 20.

In my retirement I continue to spend time following IT and I recently began advising my local health information exchange, the North Coast Health Information Network serving Humboldt and Del Norte Counties in California. We are a rural area and operate the HIE on a shoestring. For example we can’t afford any major commercial HIE software. We have had good success distributing results from hospitals, labs and certain other providers to providers’ EHRs in our area. (These days most providers have EHRs.)

We are contemplating a major new shoestring, creating a portal enabling clinicians and care coordinators to look up results.

My main interest in OpenMRS is to see if anyone has adapted it to this use. The portal seems like a subset of OpenMRS functionality. Our current database gets around many of the issues by preformatting incoming a V2 Results message into a single HTML page. The current RDBMS structure has no discrete entities subordinate to a message. It was a great shoestring design to get us started but if we want to support displays of subparts of messages and specific searches we have to convert to an RDMBS design that is more classically structured.

I share with all right-thinking people great respect for the OpenMRS mission and success.

Regards,

Wes Rishel Retired Healthcare Computer Nerd

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.”

Naguib Mahfouz

3 Likes

Hi Michael, as you know I am one of the “ancients” on this project of MMRS early AMPATH era. Each posting (daily) keeps me tantalised and I live in the hope that I can continue to be a posiitve contributor and learner from this amazing project.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m kesten.

I’m with CognitiveScale devops. I’m joining to see if i can get help with making our installation more robust and possibly contributing to install / data ingest.

I have been given permission to post our ansible installer for openmrs on ansible galaxy. The github repo is here.

3 Likes

I’m Stefan Buttigieg, a 27 year old Medical Doctor currently undertaking an online Masters in Health Informatics at the University of Sheffield and very interested in developing and implementing installations of OpenMRS around the world.

I’d like to advocate OpenMRS as a viable solution to the Health Institutions I’m involved in :)!

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Tunde Oladimeji, a software developer from Lagos, Nigeria. I’m new to Openmrs and still moving from php and asp.net to Servlet and jsp. I really appreciate the effort this community is putting into Opemrs and I hope that I can contribute to the developement in the near future.

3 Likes

Hi,

I’m Rakesh Basa, started career as Business Analyst and involved deliberately into technical aspect of the project and now completed successfully one year as java developer, looking forward to expose into different technical skills and knowledge. I am very much privileged to contribute to a health domain….

3 Likes

Hi, buddies@OpenMRS, I’m Eric Chia-Chuan Ho from Taiwan. I’m now a data analyst for fab defect analysis and other automation systems. However, I used to be a grad student major in bioinformatics, and I try to be enthusiastic at programming and medical technology. OpenMRS seems to be an active platform for developers to contribute their efforts on changing the world, so I’m here. May the innovative power be always with us.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Gitahi Ng’ang’a from Kenya. I’ve been working with OpenMRS for just over two years now through I-TECH Kenya on the KenyaEMR project. I’ve learnt a great deal during that time and also had excellent opportunities to mentor newer developers, especially in Kenyan universities.

I am eager to continue growing and contributing to the project in the years to come.

5 Likes

Hi,

I am Olga Menang, from Switerland. I am a pharmacist, currently working as a Pharmacovigilance Officer for PATH (http://www.path.org/), working to support strengthening of post-authorization drug safety surveillance in developing countries. This is my first experience with this kind of technology and I am relying on your support to get up to speed. I have been very excited about OpenMRS since I learnt about it and now happy to be a member. I am looking forward to meet and exchange with the community and to contribute to improving access to data in developing countries. In my spare time, I love sewing - in fact all forms of DIY- and singing.

Cheers,

Olga

3 Likes

Hola, Me llamo Shara Sahori soy estudiante de Ingeniería en Sistemas Computacionales, quisiera conocer mas de esta plataforma e involucrarme poco a poco en la comunidad, no soy buena desarrollando en equipo así que por favor tengan me paciencia.

3 Likes