Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hi Wepngong, I’m Theresa, from Ghana. I got to hear of OpenMRS through GCI, and I did a task that required me to create a video on GSoC and OpenMRS. I was curious as to how you got to hear of the program, and of this particular project, and what sparked your interest in it; I’m interested in seeing how best OpenMRS can be best presented to people who know nothing of the project. Thanks, and welcome to the community!

1 Like

G’day all, my name is Will and I’m joining you from Australia. I just ‘discovered’ OpenMRS late last week and thought I’d like to contribute where possible and of course improve my Java and project skills, or even share things I found useful on past projects.

On the personal level, you already know I’m in Australia. We have a new baby daughter since November, and my time at the beginning will be patchy. I expect I’ll get some details down on the personal profile page as time goes bye.

Cheers everyone, //.

2 Likes

Hi @Theresaribeiro ! I have been a member of the GDG(Google Developpers’ Group) Buea since last year and much has been said about open source, GSOC, GCI. So i got to know of OpenMRS from the google-melange homepage. In Cameroon, many health units dont yet use computerized systems. I see this as a potential rather than otherwise. I love to do beings that have some impact on the community around you and OpenMRS is one the best ways of doing that. I could start by working on a GSOC project and… :sweat_smile: Cheers all!

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, and it’s great to hear about how medical records are dealt with in Cameroon. There is a similar situation in Ghana. I hope more medical centers in African nations and beyond can make the switch. Great hearing from you!:smile:

1 Like

Hi, My name is Kyle and I’m currently a senior at Worcester State University. Our class will be contributing to the openMRS throughout the semester. Also looking forward to the experience of working on a big project.

3 Likes

nice to meet you all!

My name is Rodrigo Roldan, I am a senior at Worcester State University and will graduate this May with a double Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Spanish. I have taken a great deal of courses, such as Spanish for the Professions, Java, C, Database Design, Hardware Engineering and Technical Writing. I’m looking forward to learn from this community and at the same time gain experience as a software developer.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I’m Martin Stemn, a student at Worcester State University. I was excited to learn about OpenMRS in my class this Spring. I’m opened and looking forward to learning more about OpenMRS…

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Michael Svedberg. I am a senior at Worcester State University who will be graduating in May with a degree in Computer Science. I hope my class and I can be helpful contributors to OpenMRS throughout our semester.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,

My name is Randall White. I am a currently enrolled at Worcester State University and will be contributing to OpenMRS through my software development class. I am a senior and intend on graduating in May with my degree in Computer Science. I am excited and looking forward to being able to help out and interact with the people of the OpenMRS community.

2 Likes

Good evening everyone,

My name is Emily Paiz and I am a Worcester State University senior, Navy midshipman, and Naval Aviator select. I am graduating college and commissioning as a Naval Officer in May, with my bachelor’s in computer science. I am excited to contribute to the OpenMRS software and gain experience in software development!

2 Likes

Hello!

My names Dan, I’m a senior at Worcester State University. I am a part of a class that is contributing towards the MRS code while learning about a real work coding environment!

thanks!

-Dan

2 Likes

Hello,

I am Akom Ojong a Computer Science student at the University of Buea. I Pam interested in contributing to OpenMRS. I am interested in contributing to OpenMRS through the GSoC this year. A close friend recommended OpenMRS to me.

Regards, Ojong

1 Like

Hi!

My name is Matt, I am a senior at Worcester State University in Massachusetts. I am currently in a class that is contributing to the OpenMRS code getting some experience in a technology work environment.

Thank You, Matthew

2 Likes

Hi!

My name is Mike I’m a Computer Science student at Worcester State University. I’ll be working with my class on openMRS and hopefully fixing some bugs on the current release.

-Thanks

2 Likes

Hello everybody,

I’m Vaibhav Agarwal from India. I’ve just completed my under graduation (B.Tech) in IT from KMIT,Hyderabad. I’ve been involved with the community since December 2013 and was a successful participant in 2014 as Google Summer of Code (GSoC) student for OpenMRS. I worked on OpenMRS CDA Generator module under guidance of @surangak and @jeremy. It was wonderful time, right from setting up the dev environment to solving tickets to GSoC project.

Presently, I’m working as Jr.Software Engineer at Zensar Technologies.Every week I and @aniketha spend around 8-10 hours towards following things

• Promoting GSoC in our college.
  • Try to bring more volunteers in to our community.
  • Conduct technical trainings.
  • Organize sprints.
  • Take scrum meetings.

and we love doing all the above things :smiley:

My areas of interest are Technology, Programming, Open Source, Mentor ship, Teaching, Research, Web Development, Cooking, Travel, Adventure, Motorcycle Riding, Fun event & activities,Writing poems(hindi) and reading Hindi literature.

The day since I joined community I’ve been learning many things. I’m grateful to The OpenMRS community for all help, support and opportunities they’ve provided to me. I will contribute to the community in any possible way. I’m glad to be the part of the OpenMRS Family!!

Thanks & Regards, Vaibhav Agarwal

4 Likes

Hello my name is Patrick Mahoney. I currently attend Worcester State University and am taking part in class that will be working with OpenMRS. Hopefully I can learn a thing or two about the software development process and contribute something to OpenMRS.

3 Likes

Hi all! I am Rachit from India, presently in my 1st year of M.E. (Software Systems) from [Bits Pilani][1]. I got to know about openMRS very recently and feel attached to “writing code to save lives”.

I would love to contribute to the community through GSOC2015, I have worked with Java (JSP, Hibernate, Struts), C++ & C# among other languages & a few wordpress sites (installation/tweaking) like [For The Love of Cake][2].

Right now just browsing JIRA to find an issue I can fix.

:smile: [1]: http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in [2]: http://www.floc.co.in/

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,

My name is Manika Maheshwari and I am currently in my second semester of Master of Science in Health Informatics pursuing from Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis. I also hold a Master’s degree in Biotechnology from India and have experience working with web-based clinical data management system (Oracle Clinical, InForm System) used for capturing, managing, and reporting clinical research data on electronic case report forms.

I am currently working as a Graduate Assistant in School of Informatics & Computing on various research projects such as EMR system for Oncology and mHealth applications. I am interested in learning the technical aspects involved in the design, information architecture and recording of patient’s data in electronic medical records system such as OpenMRS application.

I learnt about OpenMRS through the coursework and other projects. I have been following OpenMRS Developer’s Forum and have communicated through developer’s mailing lists while trying to resolve some introductory tickets. Here is some of the repositories I contributed to in the past hosted on the GitHub: https://github.com/mmanika

I would like to contribute to the healthcare arena by providing better healthcare solutions through working with such open source communities. “Write Code. Save Lives” is so very apt! Besides studying, I also enjoy cooking, exploring places, doing adventures and also love to do photography in my leisure time. I look forward to be a part of Google Summer of Code 2015 contributing to OpenMRS in open source development projects. :smile:

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

I am Tharindu Naveen Abeyratne, a final year Computer Engineering Undergraduate from University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, I got to know about OpenMRS few days ago. It’s a great thing that here we can use our skills to save lives and make this world a much better place, I am looking forward to contribute to OpenMRS.

Thanks, Tharindu

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Sri Maurya Kummamuru. I’m from India , I have a bachelors degree in computer science and I am currently pursuing master in Health Informatics at IUPUI. I’ve been a GSOC student for OpenMRS in the years 2012 and 2013 and I also got to be a part of OpenMRS implementers meeting in 2013 and it made me decide that this is what I want to do. I’m presently working on Dhisreport module and Patient Portal module. That’s about it :smile:

This is the 100th post. Yay!

Power Extreme treme treme treme treme -

4 Likes