Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hi @merovingienne, It did help…:slight_smile: Thanks

1 Like

Hello Everyone, I am Mike Huang, a senior student majoring in Basic Medical Science at Peking University Health Science Center in China. I want to join in the GSoC 2017 and contribute to the OpenMRS project.

In my sophomore year, I started to participate in the research led by the Department of Medical Informatics in our school. The project demanded decent data analysis skills, during which I polish my python programming. After that, I joined a team at the Software Engineering Institute, helping to patch their APIserver based on java servlet and JSP, which aims to be a handy visualized tool for android developers. However, I’m still looking forward to contribute to Health IT, since it seems like a perfect field for me provided my interdisciplinary background.

The first thing I assume why I want to join OpenMRS is that I want to fill the gap between developers and health care staff.

The second thing is the limited access to open source EHR system in China due to the overall low involvement to Health IT community in the country. I have noticed the map in your website indicated regions benefited from OpenMRS, which doesn’t involve China.

All in all, I’m so excited to find a community dedicated to Health IT and I’m looking forward to get started here. Any comments and feedback would be gratefully appreciated. __ Best Regards, Mike Huang

2 Likes

Hi @mikehuang , Welcome to openmrs ! This has all that you need for getting started: https://openmrs.gitbooks.io/developer-manual

Good luck with your Gsoc adventure! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @reubenv Thanks for your kindness! I’m setting up the OpenMRS SDK instructed by the manual and getting familar with the working flow now. Looking forward to cooperate with the community! Thanks again for being so nice to novice~

Best Regards, Mike Huang

2 Likes

Hi everyone. My name is Mrinal. I’m a CS senior undergrad at IIIT Hyderabad. I’m passionate about web dev and security. I have worked at CERN as a summer student where I was part of the Computer Security team and developed an intrusion detection system for all systems on their network. This summer, I hope to be able to contribute to OpenMRS via GSoC. Looking forward to getting started towards that!

GitHub: github.com/mrinaldhar

1 Like

@mrinaldhar welcome! If you’re interested in a security-related project, check this out: https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/RA-452

1 Like

Hi! i am Shajal from Bangladesh graduated and currently working on a software firm where I have been given responsibility to add feature to Openmrs.

Hello Everyone,

I am Aleksei Karpov (you can call me Alex) a student of the Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science at the Belarusian State University (Belarus is a landlocked country in Eastern Europe).

I am new to OpenMRS community, so It’s really nice to join the community.

I am interested in programming as well as applying computational and mathematical methods in medicine to improve healthcare. I’ll be happy to join OpenMRS projects and to contribute my knowledge, my ideas and hands on experience with Java (including Hibernate, Spring frameworks), MySQL relational database and SQL to the project as a volunteer developer. For me this is also a great opportunity to gain experience working in a distributed team on an enterprise-level open source project.

It would be great if I’ll be accepted to participate as a part of GSoC 2017 program.

PS Now I am reading OpenMRS Wiki. I would like to express my gratitude to all authors of the pages for very detailed project description and guides how to get started as a developer. Thank You, OpenMRS Team.

With best regards, Alexei Karpov

hello, iam Musisi Irene good to find you here hope, we shall keep in touch.

Hi everyone, I’m Rowen Rathling, a software developer, data integrator, and database administrator with a bit of extra time and I would like to take part in open source development projects both to learn and contribute to the world in the best way I know how. Looking forward to working with you all have a great day!

Hi everyone, I’m Néstor Bethencourt, web developer at an hospital at Spain. I am familiarized with Java, PHP, JavaScript. I would like contribute with my experience to OpenRMS. Hope my skills would be utilized to help people. Looking forward to contributing to this fantastic project!!! Néstor.

Hi everyone,

I am Sathish, a software developer having few years of experience in enterprise storage companies. Currently evaluating openmrs/bahmni for implementation at a hospital in my native place(India). I hope to contribute something to community in coming days…

Regards Sathish

Hello everyone,

I am Chirag, a student of 3rd year B.Tech (CSE) at NIT Delhi (India). I have done a lot of projects in Web developments (using JAVA, PHP, JavaScript, SQL). I heard about OpenMRS and found it really exciting prospect.

I wish to apply for GSoC 2017 with OpenMRS. It would be my pleasure if I can contribute my knowledge and hands on experience with JAVA to OpenMRS projects.

@maany (Mayank Sharma), a member of the community introduced me to some of the projects and I am currently taking a look at them.

Really looking forward to be a part and contribute to the OpenMRS community for good.

Regards, Chirag Chhillar

Hi everyone! I’m Manisha Rao, a CS undergrad at BMS College of Engineering, India. I am interested in contributing to OpenMRS via GSoC 2017. I found the projects really engaging and I’d love to contribute and improve my skills this summer. I am passionate about web development and internet of things and have done projects in the same. I’ve good coding abilities in python, java and C/C++. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in open source and I am looking forward to contribute to OpenMRS.

Hi everyone, My name is Sarah, I’m currently enrolled in the MA program Visual and Media Anthropology at Freie Universität Berlin. For my Digital Anthropology class I’m doing research on the OpenMRS community. In order to get a better understanding of how your community is built up and functions etc. I would like to conduct a few interviews with some of your active members. So, if any of you would be up for a Skype this week it would be of a great help! Thank you!

Hello Everyone,

I started my journey in Healthcare Informatics, in 2000, as a Software developer in a Healthcare products company, transitioned to project management implementing solutions at healthcare facilities and finally to product management before the entrepreneurial bug bit me and since then have been working to create my own story in Digital Health.

As part of that journey I have started the HCITExpert’s Blog and the associated social media channels with the purpose of sharing insights from the experts and practitioners implementing Digital Health solutions in India. I hope to be able to connect with the experts to share their insights via the HCITExpert Blog. I also share insights around Digital Health innovations and trends from across the world as part of a Newsletter, Blogs, and other social media channels connected the HCITExpert Blog. With the HCITExpert Blog my endeavour is to make it a go-to Digital record of the work and insights of every HCITExpert featured on the Blog.

In addition to my work at the HCITExpert Blog, I take up consulting work with Startups, Healthcare IT companies, Hospitals (a plug !!). I am a budding maker, love DIY, not an expert coder but have developed the HCITExpert Blog from scratch after two earlier attempts. In the process of having fun with Python programming (pun intended :wink: to hopefully bring to fruition an IoT-based Digital Health project I have been pursuing.

I look forward to contributing to the openMRS community and learning from the experiences shared here by the members !!

Best Wishes and Regards

Manish

mobile: +91 98805 68628 | email: manish.sharma@hcitexpert.com | Skype: manishsharmas | about.me: https://about.me/manishsharmas twitter: @msharmas

Hey everyone, I am Dipen Ved, currently in junior year of my Computer Science graduation. OpenMRS community seems amazing to me. Looking forward to contributing in OpenMRS projects. It has been a year now contributing to open source for me. Personally, I found Patient Matching 2.0 Project very interesting. I have been contributing to health care software for about 3 months now (eye care to be specific). Past week I have been through the code of Patient Matching module and all of its documentation. I was wondering if someone could guide me through since I can’t find any listed issues or activity in the GitHub repo to hook me up for now. Thanks.

My Github profile - Open Source Enthusiast

Hi everyone! My name is Jim Capp and I’m the President & CEO of Anteil, Inc. We’re software developers in Central Pennsylvania and have been building web-based applications since 1994. Our current focus is Web 3.0, specifically, creating web user interfaces for applications that run entirely in HTML5/javascript, from a single page load. We have applications that integrate with a variety of EMR systems and HL7 interfaces and are interested in advancing OpenMRS.

Welcome @jcapp to openMRS :openmrs: This link has additional tools which will make you enjoy openmrs and also get to your destination. https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

Welcome @msharmas:openmrs: This link has some good tools to help you enjoy and explore the new world. https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer