Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hi ! I am Rounak from India, and I work as a software developer. I am completely new to open source projects. Hope this projects helps the world to be more healthier.

2 Likes

Hello! I’m Pushpitha Dilhan. I am a second year undergraduate student at University of Moratuwa, Department of Computer Science and Engineering. I would like to contribute to OpenMRS project as I am very much interested in data science and health care services provided with IT. I have done a Hospital Management System as a project and hope to learn more interesting things with OpenMRS. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are welcome Kato

Way to Nagawa

Hello, I am Ira Lauer and I am a CS senior at Dickinson College in Carlisle PA, USA. I am excited to be a part of this community and hope to make good contributions.

1 Like

Hi, I am Swathi working on Bahmni as a developer. Feeling great to be a OpenMRS Contributor. Looking forward to make difference.

1 Like

Hi everybody,

I am Afroz Ahamad, a second year Computer Science undergraduate at BITS Pilani Hyderabad Campus, India. I have been coding for over a year and a half now and just the idea of saving lives with my code excites me. I hope I could participate in GSoC 2017, getting involved with the OpenMRS community and writing code that can save lives :smiley: .

I am interested in web development and I’m familiar with a few different languages (Javascript/PHP/SQL). I have worked with some Javascript libraries, both client-side(jquery) and server-side(nodejs/express/request/socket.io).

Previous working experience:

1. I developed an anonymous chat platform - the working app can be found at eni-chat and the code here.
  2. I have worked with setting up a wiki for my college. I am also quite familiar with Mediawiki.
  3. I have worked on a WordPress website for FOSSBridge.

Also when I am not coding I love watching movies, reading novels and getting to know other people.

Afroz Ahamad enigmaeth on IRC enigmaeth on GitHub

1 Like

Kato, Welcome to the community.

1 Like

Hi everyone … I am Rony John from Pune, India. I have been working as a java programmer for more than 10 years but am a newbie at open source development. Looking forward to being a part of this community and making some meaningful contributions.

1 Like

Hi everyone. I’m Trust Birungi, a software developer from Kampala, Uganda. I have been developing software for the last four years for web, desktop and Android. My focus is now on enterprise web application backend development. After seeing what the OpenMRS community has accomplished and through the encouragement of my professional mentor, @dkayiwa, I have decided to join the OpenMRS community and contribute as a developer and even in other ways.

I look forward to being a positive contributor to this community, making great connections with awesome people and solving exciting problems.

3 Likes

Hi there!

My name is Mary and I am a Training Manager at a rather well-known tech company in the Seattle area. Want to guess which one? I joined OpenMRS to help out with training and education materials. I look forward to working with some of you to help develop a place where we can share training material and also develop a standard curriculum to help people implement OpenMRS.

When I am not working, I like to read and cook. And because I like to eat what I’ve cooked, fitness is also a big part of my life.

I am looking forward to making a contribution to this group in my area of expertise.

Best, Mary

1 Like

Hello, I’m Aashi and I’m a final year student of b.tech with computer science as my major . I’m new to open software but I’m really excited to work for it. I’m also interested to work for GSoC and implement my skills to save people’s life by coding. I have trained skills in Java, C++, PHP, SQL , Data structures and like problem solving. I would love to learn new things and work on project on exciting projects.

1 Like

Hello Everyone!

My name is Sridhar recently i completed my masters in Healthcare, I’m interested in working with OpenMRS and I want to work at Implementation team. Can you guys please help me out where exactly should I begin with.

My Hobbies are reading Books, Meet new friends, love to play sports.

I’m looking forward to make a contribution in OpenMRS.

Best, Sridhar

1 Like

Hi everyone! My name is Brian Kiiza, and I’m a student at the university of British Colombia. I am studying Economics and Computer Science, so I would like to further my knowledge in programming. I am excited to be part of this community. I am looking forward to knowing all of you and learning from you.

2 Likes

@sridhargona19 welcome to the OpenMRS community! :smile: Since you love reading books, would this be a good one for you to start with? https://wiki.openmrs.org/download/attachments/589851/openmrs-guide.pdf

1 Like

Hi, I am Shrey Goel I am in 11 standard and going to participate in GCI 2016. I am very excited to work for OpenMRS and want to start contributing. Any help will be useful. Thanks.

Hello everyone! I am Harisu fanyui a 3rd year computer engineering student of the unfiversity of buea i am new to opensource and am excited to contribute to openmrs. I love and spend my time in algorithms. i have learnt the C, php and Java technologies and i came to know about openmrs because i in collaboration with my friends were working on developing an electronic record keeping system for a clinic which we did using a php framework (Laravel) and with time we started seeing the need for a much robust system and it led us to openmrs as we asked our seniors and they told us of the existence of such a system. I am aspiring to controbute to openmrs through GSoC this year.

1 Like

@dkayiwa @surangak @shekhar check this out. He has an interest in the Atlas Project.

2 Likes

Thanks Daniel, I need some help and sent a message to you. I’m waiting for your reply!!

1 Like

Hi all,

I am Raghu Ram, from India. I am a Junior year student at Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Patna. I am currently pursuing my Bachelors of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering. I am very much interested in learning and contributing to open source projects and OpenMRS’s motto intrigues me.

I go by the name ‘r-maya’ on github and 'Raghu Ram rMaya" on telegram.

My interest lies in Competitive coding, Photography, Volleyball and Chess. I look forward to starting contribution by solving bugs to the best of my capacity.

Thanks, Raghu Ram.

1 Like