Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hello All,

Myself Praveen, running verylocals and working on to understand Openmrs and build a better community of MRS in my country with the help of OpenMRS. Looking forward to have support of all OpenMRS Veterans here.

Thank you for having me here.

1 Like

Hi, I am Manik Mehta, an Indian Citizen pursuing Engineering. I love to code in Java , currently learning Android Development and working on some of my projects. I am a beginner in contributing to open-source but hope that I will be able to provide some value to this community!

1 Like

Hello @verylocals , welcome to the community. Here is a Guide for the New and Curious where you can start to navigate and understand OpenMRS. Feel free to ask and inquire…

Hello everyone,

Am Kalanzi Frank a student of computer science looking to get more deep into software development. Great to have joined the community.

1 Like

You are welcome @kalanzi12 to the OpenMRS community :grin:. Have you had a look at the Introduction to OpenMRS wiki Page? It can help you get started, you will also find the Guide For the New and Curious article there very Useful as well as an article on How to get started and contribute as a developer. Feel free to inquire incase of any challenges.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Better late than never.

My name is Makhate Makhate from Lesotho.

Feel like I’m too old for this :dotted_line_face: but then, learning never stops.

1 Like

Sure @khatman welcome back… :clap: Here is guide that can help you get you started again…

1 Like

Hello, I am Faith Aigo a React developer from Kampala, Uganda. A beginner to open source and I look forward to contributing to the community

2 Likes

great to have you here @faithaigo , look through Guide for the New and Curious - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki to get you started.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Jayanth Kumar from India, a Full stack and DevOps guy. Been in open source world for a while now. You can find an ample amount of my work here jayanth-kumar-morem (Jayanth Kumar) · GitHub

Look forward to contribute to openmrs and meeting some great minds.

Ciao!

1 Like

Hello! My name is Joe and I have just commenced a 6 month IT volunteer placement at the Laos Friends Hospital for Children where Bahnmi is being used. Slowly learning the system but will most certainly be reaching out to the community to help learn more. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m Genesis,

I live in Austin, Texas and I’m so stoked to learn about OpenMRS. I hope to get to know the project and its current issues and do my best to collaborate with the team and contribute!

1 Like

@jayanthkumarmorem Glad to have you here… Please take a look at the OpenMRS Introductory Guide to the community, and also the Guide to get started as a Developer here.

You are welcome @genesis . Here is a great way to get started, take a look at this Guide for the New and also the General Introduction to OpenMRS here

Hello Everyone,

I am new to OpenMRS. I am masters in Computer Science and having experience is software field. I want to know as a developer how I can contribute to JAVA project.

1 Like

Delighted to have you @smangate as part of the community :grin:. To get you started, here is a guide for the New and some guidelines to contribute as a developer. You can explore the related links on different ways to contribute as a developer…

hello I’m Elia currently doing a bachelors of science in software engineering and also currently doing and learning python programming hope to see and interact with programmers better than me here

1 Like

You welcome brother Eria

1 Like

Welcome on board Elia :clap: take a look at this Guide for the New and Curious and feel free to ask for any help as you explore

Hello Team, I’m Kalash Kumar (a newbie to Open source) and pursuing my bachelors in information technology. I can code in Java,python, javascript and would like to start my contribution journey from OpenMRS. Any help would be appreciated…

1 Like