Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hello dears, I hope this message finds you well. My name is Mostafa Magdy, a 4th year senior computer engineer at Cairo University faculty of engineering from Egypt. I worked before as a java developer when i was in the third year in college and really i love to code with java.

i want to contribute in GSoC2023, so how can i start in organization to understand the system and fix issues and solve some PRs

@mostafaa Your very welcome to the community Google Summer of Code (GSOC) - Resources - OpenMRS Wiki You might find this helpful.

2 Likes

yes i have already checked these projects and talked to a mentor thank you very much :relaxed:.

1 Like

Hello everyone :smiley:, I am Iqbal, a 2nd year undergrad from India. I am a full stack developer and working on many frameworks and libraries such as ReactJS, NextJS, NodeJS, PHP, MySql, Laravel, MongoDB, GraphQL, and devops knowing Docker and Kubernetes with minikube on local server. I am a good and fast learner and working with many of my college teams in building their projects. I love contributing to communites and looking forward to contribute to the cause of OpenMRS community :heart:. Please help me get through resources. Thank you :grin:

Hello Ankit, which project are you looking to contribute to?

Hi,

i am hassan and i am digital marketing expert but i want to change my career.

Hello everyone, I am Chiran Devinda, a 3rd-year undergraduate university of Peradeniya Sri Lanka. I have worked with many frameworks and libraries and languages such as python, java, C, JS, dart, ReactJS, Angular, NodeJS, MySql, and MongoDB. I am so happy to be part of this community.

1 Like

Welcome to OpenMRS community. Did you get a chance to take a look at? Guide for the New and Curious - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

@mostafaa @iqbal @chiran welcome to the community. Did you get a chance to take a look at? Interested Contributors, Get Ready for GSoC 2023

1 Like

Thank you @kdaud for that.

Yea I already saw this and choose a updating sdk project to contribute in this year and I have already setup it and made a PR that will be merged soon after passing all checks.

I will be very happy if you give me some notes to do this period before proposal phase

yes I did. Thank you for asking @kdaud

1 Like

Hi Beautiful people,

I go by the name Aricha, enthusiastic to learn about OpenMRS and improve our local version called KenyaEMR+ in Kenya.

Niice Phylis Kiruri

Thanks for guiding sir . I’ll follow the steps you mentioned😄

Hi everyone,

I am Mouad a 3rd year Med student and a computer engineer with 1 year of experience in Python web development. I have a CKA+CKS and am interested in devops, I also have done some side projects on Neural Networks.

I am here because I want to make start a company around OpenMRS (would like to use OpenMRS as a base) and am currently trying to install openmrs-reference-application-distro with docker.

I hope I will be able to help improve OpenMRS and make health products accessible to everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

Pleasure knowing you all

1 Like

Hi Everyone ! I’m Jagrit, a 3rd year Computer Science undergrad from India. I love learning new things and reading. I’m a full stack developer, and have built projects with React, Node, and Typescript, along with being familiar with Java and C++. I’m looking forward to learning from, and, contributing to, this project.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I’m Esa. I have some studies in Computer Science at University of Helsinki and I’ve been programming in general for a while now. I’m looking forward to learn lots of new things and most importantly, to contribute to OpenMRS project as developer.

1 Like

@esao welcome to the community .if you face any kind of Error, problems then we are here for solving that issues.

Happy Coding :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hi, I am Salifu Njidda from Cameroon. I am an under grad computer Engineering student at University of Buea. I was reading through a document about open source and came accross a program(GSoC) promoting open source contributions among developers. In this program i found many participating organizations among which i got much interest to this OpemMRS which has very exciteing projects and tackling the most important aspect of our daily life that is our health. In light with this, I am interested in contributing to the goals of this Org during GSoC2023 and beyond GSoC. This Org is just so interesting and exciting to be part of. I will appreciate if someone can help point me out to where I can get started as a begginer. thank you all!