Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hi Suranga, I’m Sunami Dasgupta, I’m a student from India. I’m very interested to contribute to OpenMRS and getting to learn technologies during that period. Can you guide me or suggest resources to be able to contribute to OpenMRS?

Hi Jennifer, I’m Sunami Dasgupta, I’m a student from India. I’m very interested to contribute to OpenMRS and getting to learn technologies during that period. Can you guide me or suggest resources to be able to contribute to OpenMRS?

Welcome @sunami09! Here are three things you can do to get started and contribute to OpenMRS:

1. Get to know our community. Have you gone through our Guide for the New & Curious ? It covers the essential things that every community member needs to know.
  2. Get to know our squads & teams. The Guide for the New & Curious includes links to the project pages for our most active squads and teams. Learn about the projects that they are working on. Follow their conversations on Talk or Slack. Listen in on a few of their meetings.
  3. Ask yourself:
    • What do you like doing?
    • What squad or team is working on the thing that interests you the most?
    • Which ones are a good fit for your skills & knowledge?

Then see if that squad or team has a guide for getting started and/or intro issues that you can work on.

1 Like

Hi @sunami09 am happy that here, I wish you can read through this OpenMRS Frontend 3.0 Documentation for Developers

1 Like

Thank You for guiding me!

1 Like

Hi everyone by names am Fauz Shafi currently supporting MOH South Sudan, the ministry is piloting OpenMRS in ART clinic for tracking and monitoring HIV patient in the country. I am total new to the platform been introduce through the project therefore I am open to the helps I can get

1 Like

@shafifauz Welcome to the community! we are glad South Sudan is on board as Openmrs implementation is concerned. Kindly feel free to reach out to the members through TALK or Slack channel just incase you are stack. Am humbled to introduce to you these gurus @ssmusoke, @slubwama, @ssemakadde they have really done a tremendous work in the neighbouring country Uganda when it comes to implementing openmrs in ART clinics and I believe they can be of great help in the pilot stage. Mean while, this is our implementors guide.

1 Like

This is so wonderful hearing from OpenMRS and I am glade to be introduce to such a tremedous team I can’t wait to team up with them and I will join all mention platform where I can learn

Kind Regards

Fauz

1 Like

@shafifauz Welcome to our community! It’s great to have you here. If you would like to get to know our community better and what we’re currently working on, I suggest taking a look at our Guide for the New & Curious as well as our Product Dasbboard and our Community Engagement Dashboard. These Wiki pages include links to more information about how we work together as a community and our most active projects, so they are great jumping off points.

Reach out to us on Talk with general questions and we’ll do our best to help.

Hi @everyone, I am Arin Modi, 2nd Year Computer Engineer Under Graduate, I started open source contribution recently, I found openMRS very interesting to work on and enhance my skills. Currently I have experience with Node js, android, react native and also worked on java. How can i start contribution in this ?

It will be very helpful

Thanks

2 Likes

Welcome @arinmodi feel free to read through this Contribute as a Developer - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki thanks

@shafifauz your welcome. Will be here to support you.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I’m Keziah Muiruri from Kenya. I’m a Business Analyst looking forward to learn more on OpenMRS as I contribute in reviewing designs among other things.

Am happy to be part of this.

2 Likes

most welcome @kmuiruri

1 Like

Thanks @edison

1 Like

most welcome @arinmodi to the community of intellectuals you’re in the right place to get through.

1 Like

Welcome @kmuiruri. Get started with Guide for the New and Curious - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki.

Welcome @kmuiruri to openmrs

Hello, I’m Kelvin. I’m new here. Looking to engage further with the OpenMRS community and learn more.

1 Like

welcome @kelvinmburu you can get started with Guide for the New and Curious - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki.