Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Welcome @captaindavinci . Hearing such stories of openmrs makes us feel really proud of this community . Follow the Link to get started: GSOC 2020 warm up practices

1 Like

Hello everyone! I am Ishita Aggarwal , a 2nd year undergraduate in electronics engineering at BITS Pilani,Pilani Campus. I have been developing mobile applications for past 2 years. I have knowledge of building native as well as cross platform applications. I wish to contribute in the community.Looking forward to a great learning experience! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all! Nice to meet you all,

I’m Jayasanka from Sri Lanka. I’m an undergraduate Software Engineering student from the University of Westminster, UK. Also, I’m working at entgra.io as an intern. I’m new to OpenMRS but I’m excited to work with this community.

I’m familiar with a few languages such as Java, JavaScript, SQL, Python, PHP. Also, I’m passionate about UI/UX too. I am looking forward to contributing to OpenMRS.

Jayasanka

4 Likes

Welcome @ishita2806 and @jayasanka! You can follow this link https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer to get started with.

3 Likes

Welcome to OpenMRS. Looking forward to working with you!

1 Like

@gracebish Are there any chat channels like gitter for open-mrs-android-contrib repository?

You are welcome to the community

1 Like

Hi! I am Bhanuka from Sri Lanka. Currently, I am an undergraduate at the University of Moratuwa. I am new to the Open source community and excited to join and contribute to OpenMRS.

1 Like

Welcome @bhanukad610! You can refer https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer to get started.

1 Like

sorry for the late response. openmrs uses IRC as the chat channel.

Hi @bhanukad610 . Welcome to the community. If you are interested in GSOC, follow this Link to get started : GSOC 2020 warm up practices

1 Like

Sure, l’ll check it. Thank you very much!

Hi, I assigned myself to an ui task on the jira. I need to get details about the UI. So can you help me?

Me along with this entire community are always ready to help you. :smiley:

Get started by going through the docs and setting up the development environment. Here is the link to get you started: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/User+Interface+Modules

1 Like

Thank you very much! :grinning:

@jayasanka welcome to the community

Hello Everyone, I’m Vaishnavi,3rd year computer science student of Keshav Memorial Institute of Technology Hyderabad,India.I want to experience real time coding and I would like to take part in GSoC 2020.Can anyone guide me on how to go ahead?

1 Like

Hello @vaishnavi, welcome! You can find all the information about GSoC here.

Hi everyone, I’m Yohan Avishke from Sri Lanka. I study Software Engineering as a third-year student at the University of Westminster.

I’m currently working with an open-source organization entgra.io. So I’m familiar with GIT. Also, I have been working on projects on both frontend and backend covering languages like Java, Python, Javascript, React.

Working with GSOC community is a fresh new experience for me, and plan to have the best out of it.

Thank you with regards Yohan Avishke

Welcome to the community @yusto

1 Like