Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Welcome to the community we look forward for your contribution. Kindly click here to get started.

Welcome @njames to this amazing community where writing a code saves lives

welcome @njames. Trust me you will love this venture

Hi everyone, I am Rahul Kumar, an undergraduate student from India. I am new to open source contribution. I have some experience with Java and Android development.

I hope to make myself useful to the community.

Thank you.

We are glad to have you in this community. Kindly click here to get started. Just in case you are stack, feel free to reach out to the community through Talk or IRC.

Hi, I’m Joe McLaughlin. I’m in Irvine, California, USA. I’ve just returned from a trip to Reu, Guatemala, where about 35 surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, pharmacists, scrub techs etc in teams did surgeries on about 100 folks. We went as one of the regular trips with Faith in Practice, I was the blogger for the trip, see here. FiP is using a custom-built ( I think ) pretty basic php database with a basic front end. I’m looking for other options for both its hospital and field teams. I’m not a dev but am involved with CiviCRM dot org and some other open source projects. The OpenMRS demo site is down, by the way - there’s a problem with the Apache server, apparently. I’d love to check it out and may just try a local install on my laptop (running Ubuntu 19.04 ).

1 Like

Welcome to the community. We look forward to your contribution. Kindly follow this link to get acquainted with openmrs. In case you need more help, reach out to community members through Talk and IRC.

Welcome @joemcl! We have just reset the demo server and so you can try it again. You could also just download the standalone version of OpenMRS to try out locally.

cool thanks @dkayiwa ! Checking it out now.

Hello. I’m Subi Lumala, and I’m new to open-source developments. I have a little experience with HTML/CSS/JS, Java and a little SQL.

I hope I can help!

Thank you.

Welcome to openmrs community. Kindly click here to get started.

Hi everyone. I’m Norman. I’m a developer at Dimagi, and among other things I work on integrating CommCare with OpenMRS.

I’m interested in exploring ways to improve that integration, and to make it simpler.

4 Likes

We are glad to have you in this community. We look forward to your contribution. Kindly, click here to get started.

Hello I’m Daniel Comboni, a Java enthusiast. Am new to the open-source development world.

Am glad @irenyak1 introduced me to this platform and I am very interested and excited to kickoff my contribution to the project.

2 Likes

Welcome to this great community @comboni, please follow this to get started.

Feel free to interact with the community on talk and IRC. I am glad you have come :smiley:

Welcome @norman! Partners In Health looks forward to the integration between CommCare and OpenMRS. Let us know if you want to collaborate.

Ellen Ball Partners In Health Boston, MA USA

Thanks @ball ! Currently CommCare and OpenMRS can share data in both directions, to import patients into CommCare, and create and update Patients and Observations in OpenMRS. Projects can integrate with multiple OpenMRS instances by associating them with different locations/organization units.

We are working towards making it simpler to set up and easier to manage. There is a lot of room for improvement and collaboration. You (and anyone else who would like to work together on this) can reach me at nhooper {at} dimagi {dot} com. I’m new at OpenMRS Talk, so if there is already a topic for Integration (or if we should make one) that might also be a good place to take the conversation.

You are welcome @norman hope for your great contribution and we also hope to learn from you

Hi Norman! Welcome to the group and please see a recent thread on this topic of integration.

1 Like

Thank you @mjohnsonpih !