Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hi everyone I am Sienna from South Korea. I am currently in my 3rd year of university majoring in computer science. I hope to become a backend developer. I am mainly interested in Java, Javascript, and mysql. I am impressed with the intention that many patients can benefit from the services provided by OpenMRS. I want to participate for this GSOC because I want to do something that helps people with the code I developed. It would be very meaningful if we could be together in the future. thank you for reading

this is my github :slight_smile: Sienna’sGit (github.com))

2 Likes

Hello OpenMRS community! I’m Noel Soans, a student in first semester of a college in Canada studying Mobile Application Development. I’ve been wanting to contribute to an open source community for a while now, and OpenMRS caught my attention. I’m impressed by the community’s commitment to improving healthcare delivery in resource-limited settings through open source technology. Although I’m new to open source contributions, I have a strong foundation in Javascript and am eager to contribute to any language or stack required to help OpenMRS achieve its goals. I’m currently exploring OpenMRS’s GitHub and learning more about the project. I’m also excited about the opportunity to participate in the Google Summer of Code (GSOC) 2023 program and collaborate with other developers worldwide.

1 Like

Hey everyone! I’m Jonny and I’m a Junior Java Developer based in London, UK.

I transitioned into tech from a career in the music industry and finished up a boot camp last October. I started my first Java role in January this year and loving it so far. It is working for a company who are developing chatbot technologies for the NHS and charities.

I am really interested in getting involved in Open Source software in my spare time and OpenMRS seemed like a great place to start - what a wonderful product! I look forward to working with you all :slight_smile:

Hi Everyone, I am Ashmit JaiSarita Gupta, an Engineering Physics Undergrad at the National Institute of Technology Hamirpur, India. I started my open source journey with Hacktoberfest 2022 and now I want to continue this journey with GSoC 2023. I want to contribute to OpenMRS due to my alignment with it’s motto to ‘Write Code to save lives’. I am a MERN Stack Web developer and want to work on the User Onboarding Project under the guidance of @vasharma05 and @dennis. I cannot wait to put my talents to work in developing this project with the best people at OpenMRS. Here is my GitHub and LinkedIn Profile for further reference. Let’s talk about the further details for the project and contribution soon.

1 Like

Hi @dennis and @vasharma05, I can’t access these design samples provided in the description of User Onboarding project. Can you provide access to these files to me (ashmitgupta.social@gmail.com) at Zeplin so I can further look at the project. Thank you

@bellaryyash23 its good to have you around, please take time and go through the Guide for New and Curious Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki and Interested Contributors, Get Ready for GSoC 2023

1 Like

hello @jaisarita Good to have you around hope you find time and check on Guide for New and Curious Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki and the Interested Contributors, Get Ready for GSoC 2023

1 Like

@kdaud do we have anyway of unblocking for @jaisarita ?

@jaisarita could you create a talk post at OpenMRS forum ?

Welcome onboard! Did you get a chance to look at? Contribute as a Developer - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

Sure, I will do this

Did you get a chance to look at? Summer of Code 2023 - Resources - OpenMRS Wiki, if yes you need to pick a project idea that interests you and create a talk thread to share your ideas for the project and you can tag the respective mentors.

Welcome to the community. Did you get a chance to look at? Interested Contributors, Get Ready for GSoC 2023 and Summer of Code 2023 - Resources - OpenMRS Wiki

Welcome to the communiity. Did you get a chance to take a look at? https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Contribute+as+a+Developer

Hello everyone! My name is Arpit Chugh and I am thrilled to join this community. I am currently a fourth-year college student studying Computer Science, and I have a particular interest in frontend development. I have experience working with technologies like React, Node.js, Javascript, AntDesign, TailwindCSS etc… and I also have a background in UI/UX design. I have been participating in open source fest and activities such as hacktoberfest for past 2 years and wanted to go further this year. I am eager to learn from all of you and contribute to the community in any way I can. Thanks for having me! Github: Arpitchugh (Arpit Chugh) · GitHub

hello @arpitchugh it’s good to have you around please feel free to go through the Guide for the New and Curious - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki for more guidance

1 Like

Hi everyone!! My name is Avishka Indula Rajapaksha. I am a first-year Computer Science undergraduate at Informatics Institute of Technology (IIT) Sri Lanka, pursuing the degree of BSc (Hons) Computer Science offered by University of Westminster. I became aware of OpenMRS through an awareness session on Google Summer of Code 2023 held by Sustainable Education Foundation , followed by a proposal writing session conducted by @jayasanka . Despite being a first-year undergraduate, I am employed as an Associate Software Engineer at a software company, having pursued self-study and undertaken several software projects. So I am concurrently engaged in both my job and my degree. Fun fact about me is that I’m also a music producer and have produced a few songs. And finally, I would like to thank you all for accepting me as a Open-source contributor for OpenMRS and I’m looking forward to collaborate with you guys soon!!

Hello everyone, Myself Shashank Yadav , 2nd year Electronics undergraduate at National Institute of Technology, Patna, Bihar India. I am interested in the field of Web Development (MERN stack) and I have an experience of over an year in it. I am looking forward to contributing to OpenMRS community. I am interested to contribute in the [[GSoC 2023: Responsiveness & Tablet-based Needs for OpenMRS 3]. My github profile->Shashank2104125 (Shashank Yadav) · GitHub

Thanks for providing the link but most of the links provided on the website are not working. eg: In 3.0 Frontend Squad demo site is not working and so on

Hello everyone, I am Pratiksha Sankhe, a third-year undergrad from Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai. I am interested in contributing to the project Priority frontend UX changes to improve responsiveness. Can anyone please guide me about how can I go about with the contribution part? Is there any task that needs to be done?