Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hi,

I’m Dave and I’ve been working in the tech industry for about the past 4 years as a Support Engineer. I graduated in 2011 with a degree in Computer Science. I’m originally from Canada, but I’m currently living in Europe.

I’d like to get involved as a developer in this project, and I’m working on an intro issue to get started.

I’m looking forward to working and chatting with all of you!

Cheers, Dave

1 Like

Hi everyone.

I have been lurking around on this place for some time now and i think its about time i introduce myself - my apologize! My name is Kitti and im on my second year with Bachelor on informations technology in Norway. Although i have mainly been working on languages like .NET and Web development etc. I am currently working to progress and learn more about open sources, C++ and Java recently so really looking forward to contribute on this community soon as i really love the meaning with the type of work you guys do here.

2 Likes

hello everyone, this is Pralay Ramteke, I am 2nd year CS undergrad from IIT Patna.I am new to open source community. I am very much interested in contributing to open source and especially to openMRS. I am interested in gsoc’16 as well. I am looking forward to have a mentor and start contributing. I like to play dota 2 , counter strike and my hobbies are to play/learn guitar,learn about psychology and spend countless hours over Quora :smiley: I have looking forward to have nice learning experience. :smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @ivange94 !!! The pleasure is shared bros !!!

1 Like

Hello,

My name is James and I am a Physiotherapist based in Ireland. I simply have an interest in opensource software and like to apply it when I can. I would like to implement it for my work/private practice so that overtime I can create the software/templates that best suits my needs and the needs of the services which I provide.

Outside of physio, I am sports mad and combine sports physio with playing gaelic football!

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for warm welcoming buddies!

I am Ferdinand, living Finland and I study my master’s in IT for Health at Tampere University of Technology, I am interested in OpenMRS as an open source that I can play on and make something important for community. So OpenMRS can be full Hospital magement information system for example? It can include all modules (ambulatory, inpatient, outpatient, operating theater, billing, human resource, quality insurance, appointment, doctor consultation, laboratory, radiology, etc), Is there any hospital using it withall modules(needed), can this serve as national EMR for example hosting it on the server and and serves many hospital nation wide?

Thanks

1 Like

Hello :sonreír: My name is Flor Campos Flores and I am from Peru-Lima .I am student of the institute Cibertec software development and have programmed in Java language, some android , windows phone and some .NET. I speak and write some English, but my native language is Spanish. I want to help in whatever it takes, I learn fast and I really want to contribute. I like meeting people and other cultures. I love swimming in the pool, play volleyball, ride a bike and I like being in touch with nature. I adore the dogs and birds and more animals-friends.

I hope to be useful and meet many friends. Thank you

1 Like

Moro @ferdis! Nice to see more people from Tampere are finding their way here.

1 Like

Hello all. My name is Max. I’m currently a grad student looking at OpenMRS as a EMR solution for private medical practitioners in Haiti and Jamaica. I have a few years experience in IT project management, database administration, and business intelligence. I’m looking forward to learning from you all and seeing how OpenMRS can be adopted to smaller scale health offices.

Max

1 Like

Hi everyone, Geoffrey Wasilwa from Kenya. I’ve been contributing to OpenMRS since 2014 and it has been a great experience. My best moments being when @dkayiwa would accept my commit without finding fault in them, which were a rare occurrence(not saying I’m a bad developer :smile:).

I have learnt a lot from you guys, and looking forward to learning much more and even maybe teaching others.

Glad to be part of the community :smile:

3 Likes

Hello Guys,

Sourabh here, I’m a developer and designer. This is my first Open Source project, so i’m kinda nervious and hope I won’t blow it off.

I’m excited to start working with @michael and all you guys. :grinning:

Lets make Word Better place !

Sourabh

1 Like

Hello,

Am familiarizing myself with OpenMRS. Am interested in writing code and doing more.

Thanks for having me here.

Simon.

1 Like

Hi Folks

Finally taking the necessary steps (I hope) to be part of this awesome community that is certainly disrupting the traditional EHR black box. I am interested in exploring the use of openMRS to standalone clinics and small to midsize care facilities in developing countries.

Currently, I am a research scientist at Sage Bionetworks in Seattle and also a grad student at Univ of Washington. As part of my research, I am interested in evaluating the meaningful use of EHR data. More about me here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhishekpratap

For now I am looking to get started, and it has been a bit tricky so far. I need help in better understanding the openMRS environment and work with people who are implementing it in a real setting, so I understand what it takes to implement openMRS.

I sincerely look fwd to playing a measurable role in the development and implementation of openMRS. Hopefully, I can find some funds to get to Singapore meeting and meet many of you in-person

Cheers! -Abhi

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Beauclair, I’m new in this community, I wan’t to contribute to openmrs as a Developer to share my experince, improve my skills and saving life, and helping an open-sources project

I have over 2 years of experience working as a software developer. I was involved in multiple software development platforms as a Front-end and Backend Developer. Good knowledge of agile methodology, and fluent in Systems development life cycle (SDLC), I’m a really motivated person and quick learner.

I just immigrate to United states (California) 4 months ago, and at the moment I am unemployed.

Thank

1 Like

Hi, Was going through OpenMRS Talk and happened to bump into this thread.

I’m Akhil Malhotra, Dentist and MPH from Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. I have a deep interest in Health Informatics and Clinical Decision Support. Currently working on Bahmni with ThoughtWorks in Bangalore. Looking forward to connect with the community and learn and contribute to this awesome EHR.

1 Like

Hello All, I’m Vinay Singh a newbie in the development field. I’m a B.Tech student at IIIT-Hyderabad and like to start my open source contribution cycle. I’m very much interested in this project especially because the contribution it is doing for the good of society. I’ll love to contribute to this project in any respect I can. As a newbie I have a bit grip on C, C++, Javascript, Python, HTML, CSS. and is always ready to learn new things. Looking forward to contribute to this project, and contribute to the society in a better way.

Regards, Vinay Singh ONgithub : SpeedyiiiTH OnMailing_list : speedy

1 Like

Hi all, i’m glad to join the OpenMRS community. My name is Anthony. I am a computer science student presently writing my thesis on the relevance of re-engineering open source tools in electronic management of patient records. I am implementing OpenMRS as a way of achieving this objective. I desire to be a part of this great community, learn from you guys and also contribute to OpenMRS development. It’s good to be here.

2 Likes

Hi Everybody,

I have started learning about OpenMRS recently and my hope is to make useful contributions to this important software. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello everyone and Mabuhay!** (Filipino greeting)

I am Eric Pareja from the Philippines. I work as systems administrator at the University of the Philippines Manila, National Telehealth Center (UPM-NTHC) (https://telehealth.ph).

I’ve been with UPM-NTHC since 2008 and we have been working on developing and deploying Community Health Information Tracking System (CHITS) in various health centers throughout the Philippines. (see https://chits.ph)

In 2012, CHITS shifted to using OpenMRS as its base system and we have been building on it since then.

My work has been in the area of Linux Systems Administration primarily. Part of our roll-outs required a simple single script offline installer for CHITS-OpenMRS which I cobbled together using makeself and a bunch of shell scripts.

I’m interested in learning more about the newer releases of OpenMRS to be able to direct our efforts at upgrading our existing modules and deployments easily, and perhaps contribute to the project’s development efforts as well.

Thank you! :smile:

3 Likes

Moro Mikko, Mitä kuuluu!

Yes I am interested in OpenMRS! so are u in Tampere?