Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hi All,

I am Channa Bandara working as a software engineer in Singapore. Technically I am interested in Java/Spring application development and found out that OpenMRS also implemented in similar technologies. I am really interested in contributing to the OpenMRS community, and at the moment I went through the OpenMRS dev manual and willing to get more information on how to contribute as a developer. Thanks.

Regards, Channa

Welcome @channa87 you can take a look here to get started

1 Like

Just to add on @wandji69, can this link be of help https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

1 Like

You’re welcome @stonecoder this could be of great help Getting Started as a Developer you can also join the community in Nigeria and West Africa Access group link: OpenMRS West Africa Community

You’re welcome @abdelaty I’m also in the NigeriaMRS Community. Kindly follow this link https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer to get started

2 Likes

That’s great am with NigeriaMRS community you can check us out too, we could leverage on your expertise. follow here to get started.

Hello everyone, I am a beginner in openmrs learning and I hope to learn a lot from you. Thank you. Thank you.

Hello everyone, I am a beginner in openmrs learning and I hope to learn a lot from you. Thank you. Thank you.

Welcome to the community. Kindly follow this link to get started.

I’m Armand Collins. I’m a student from the university of Buea, Cameroon. I am currently in pursuit of a degree in Computer Engineering. I am new to open source and new to OpenMRS technologies. I am currently learning JS and decided to follow the front-end path, as such, react Js is also something i am learning alongside Html5/css3. Hopefully as time goes my skill set will grow and i can be of bigger help to the community. Glad to be here.

We are glad to have you in this community too. Kindly follow this link to get started.

thank you very much Mr Wamalwa

Good to have you here @firsty02 … you can look at Getting started with OpenMRS

Hello. My name is Tarun Dugar and I’m currently pursuing a computer science degree at Sikkim Manipal Institute Of Technology. I am really eager to learn the workings of OpenMRS and hopefully be able to make some meaningful contributions.

We are glad to have you in this community. Kindly follow this link to get started.

My name is Kenneth Long, and I’ve recently joined @janflowers on the UW CIRG team. I’ve previously worked in video and manufacturing software development, but returned to school to finish my bachelor’s degree. I had the great opportunity to get a taste of OpenMRS with Jan during that time and am now working on OpenMRS projects full-time. While you may have guessed my interest in medical imaging and systems, I also have interests in psychology, neuroscience, and linguistics (among many others). I’m looking forward to contributing to and being involved in the community!

1 Like

Glad to have you in this community. Which area are you interested in i.e. developement , document, analysis or design?

2 Likes

I’m working primarily in development at this point. I may begin contributing to analysis and design as I gain more experience. My previous work has been with older cores (e.g. 1.11), and more focused on implementation and specific modules. I am now working with the newest core, and encountering more cross module functionality/design.

1 Like

Hello!

My name is Kuang Chen. I lead technology and a few other things at a new company called Antara Health. Our first market is Kenya, and the company is based in Nairobi. We are thinking to implement OpenMRS (or variant) as the basis of a care coordination system.

I had the pleasure of working with @jdick and @akanter a lifetime ago. In the 11 years since I last worked with OpenMRS, it’s breathtaking how far you’ve come. I’m inspired by this community of dedicated people, and excited to work with you.

@c.antwi we are glad for this manpower.