Whenever I talk with a website designer or developer about redesigning our website, at some point, they usually ask me “What are some of the websites that you like?”
It’s hard for us to come up with a new design for our website when we don’t know have a clear idea about what we as a community like in a website and why.
@zuzanna and I have compiled a list of websites that people have told us that they like - or don’t like:
- Plone CMS
- The Player’s Tribute
- Gates Annual Report
- Obama Foundation
- 75 Health
Now we want to dive into what people like or don’t like about these website - and we’d like your help. Simply pick a website from the list above and use the questions below to tell us what you like or don’t like about it.
- What about the website makes it aesthetically appealing (images, colors, font)?
- What about the website inspires you to dive deeper (copy, imagery, etc)?
- What makes the website simple and uncomplicated?
- How does the website use white space?
- What makes the website easy to use?
- What makes the website understandable?
- How does the website engage with the target audience?
- How does the website emphasize what it offers its target audience?
You can respond to this thread with your responses or use this spreadsheet.