We need a volunteer to steer the efforts to release Platform 2.2. Are you aspiring to become a /dev/3, /dev/4, or /dev/5? Being a release manager is a great opportunity to contribute while gaining tremendous experience in how a state of the art calibre piece of software goes through a release process, it lets you influence the roadmap and priorities for the community, and gives you the opportunity to make a substantial and prominent contribution to the OpenMRS mission. This is a crucial role that ensures the awesome contributions from the various volunteers are available to everyone after it’s all said and done.
Note that as the release manager you don’t have to do all the work, you just need to help us to guide the process and determine if any pending issues can make it in the release or not, you can find out more details about being a release manager on our being a release manager page.
To volunteer to be Release Manager for OpeMRS Platform 2.2, reply to this message.
- Time to be the release manager between now and until the end of the year if necessary.
- Good Communication Skills
- Basic DevOps skills - creating ssh keys, being able to ssh into a remote environment, basic file operations in a remote environment.
- Being comfortable with different communication tools to interact with different members of the community. Also, we are looking for a previous release manager to volunteer to pair with the new release manager to help them with the release process, so any previous release managers interested may reply to this post to volunteer.
- Need to interact with leads/point of contacts for each feature and followup with them for the release - Contacts for Platform 2.2 Features
If this sounds like something of interest to you and have the spare time then you could be the release manager that we’re looking for, so feel free to volunteer.
Also, is there any previous release manager who can volunteer to be a mentor for this release? Otherwise several of us like @wyclif, @dkayiwa, @maurya, @raff, @darius and a couple of others are going to be available to help with any issues and questions, you can post and tag us or find us on IRC,
Thanks In Advance!