Virtual Box / Vagrant error while installing Bahmni on Windows 10

I tried installing bahmni on windows and this is the error I am getting

"C:\Users\Adaobi\Documents\bahmni\bahmni-vagrant>vagrant up Bringing machine ‘default’ up with ‘virtualbox’ provider… ==> default: Checking if box ‘bahmni-team/bahmni’ is up to date… ==> default: Clearing any previously set network interfaces… There was an error while executing VBoxManage, a CLI used by Vagrant for controlling VirtualBox. The command and stderr is shown below.

Command: [“hostonlyif”, “create”]

Stderr: 0%… Progress state: E_FAIL VBoxManage.exe: error: Failed to create the host-only adapter VBoxManage.exe: error: Code E_FAIL (0x80004005) - Unspecified error (extended info not available) VBoxManage.exe: error: Context: “int __cdecl handleCreate(struct HandlerArg *,int,int *)” at line 66 of file VBoxManageHostonly.cpp"

@terrydavid Hi,

Instead of creating folder on C drive, make folder on D drive which will be useful. So path would be “D:\bahmni\bahmni-vagrant”

I did the same way and it’s working absolutely fine on Windows.

This is crazy, I just realized I don’t have a d drive, what do I do about this?

I’m not familiar with bahmi vagrant configurations, but you appear to have a problem on your virtualbox installation.

Can you please open your virtualbox and let us know the version? Also, the vagrant version you installed.

By any chance you use any antivirus? https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/14040 https://github.com/docker/machine/issues/1521

Some people also recommended not setting the IP on your vagrantfile, so in

you can add ‘#’ to the ‘config.vm.network “private_network”, ip: “192.168.33.10”’ line (probably would work? Not sure).

Its not related to C: or D:. Its an issue with Virtual Box on your Windows machine. Someone needs to figure out a version of Vagrant + Virtual Box that works OK on your machine. Usually if people use the latest version of Vagrant and Virtual Box, things work just fine… because many devs are using Vagrant around the world on Windows with Virtual Box – and everyones work would suffer if this combination doesn’t work.

Not sure why you are facing this problem. Can you raise an issue in Virtual Box forum?

vagrant version 1.8.1, virtual box version 4.3.34 norton antivirus. I will post the issue on virtual box forum

Meanwhile please try a different machine, or O.S, or evaluate on Digital Ocean (its easy)

this is the reply from virtual forum

“Vagrant is not supported on this site. Show us a problem when using VirtualBox as it’s intended to be used (i.e. installed using an official installer), and then we can help.”

I need bahmni to work on my system not on Digital Ocean.

Sounds then that Vagrant needs to respond to the issue. Can you raise the request on Vagrant forum? : (

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is the first time someone has reported this error on Bahmni forum. People have been able to install vagrant/virtualbox on Windows… just not sure if anyone did it on Windows 10 yet.

hey no solution from vagrant forum, what other steps do I need to take?

new error

"C:\Users\Adaobi\Documents\bahmni>vagrant up Bringing machine ‘default’ up with ‘virtualbox’ provider… ==> default: Box ‘base’ could not be found. Attempting to find and install… default: Box Provider: virtualbox default: Box Version: >= 0 ==> default: Box file was not detected as metadata. Adding it directly… ==> default: Adding box ‘base’ (v0) for provider: virtualbox default: Downloading: base default: An error occurred while downloading the remote file. The error message, if any, is reproduced below. Please fix this error and try again.

Couldn’t open file /C:/Users/Adaobi/Documents/bahmni/base"

Can you follow these steps: https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BAH/Bahmni+Virtual+Box#BahmniVirtualBox-DirectDownloadofVagrantBox (direct download and use)

got the same error

Solved here: Unable to download Vagrant box - cannot find box error (windows 10)

@terrydavid: It seems there was an issue with Vagrant on Windows 10. Rahul has mentioned a link which solves the problem. Can you also please try this? Thanks!

I understand that it’s late, but, the next official fix from VB can help for you: https://www.virtualbox.org/attachment/ticket/14040/VBox-Win10-fix-14040.exe

Just run this exe fix, and it may be help to you for fix your error.

And you can read more about this problem by this link.