Upgrading font awesome

I am working on upgrading font awesome to latest 5.9.0 to support the latest icon set. But few of the icons like fas fa user-minus,fas fa-diagnoses are not working while using them in coreapps though fas fa-user-plus is working. Here is my PR showing changes made to uicommons. Do I need to import something to coreapps to make these icons work?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you :slight_smile:

cc: @dkayiwa , @ball

1 Like

What exactly do you mean by they are not working?

I meant, few of the icons were not being displayed on the browser. On exploring values being generated by resourceLinks() in uiframework I realized that icons were being used from openmrs-module-referenceapplication and not from openmrs-module-uicommons . The issue has now been fixed. Here is my PR :slight_smile:

I would like to suggest a few icons for condition list

current icons before%201

suggestion

after%201

What is your opinion on this?

Thank you :slight_smile:

I really like the icon for Condition List. Nice one.

As for the edit icon, we would need to change them for all the other sections to make it consistent. We currently use the pencil icon for allergies and (last) vitals. I would hold off changing that now.

The action icons should be consistent with allergies which uses an ā€˜xā€™ for delete (not the trashcan icon). As for inactive, @jteich could suggest if this should be an icon or maybe it should be a string which says ā€œInactiveā€ or ā€œActiveā€. +/- arenā€™t clear and the person+ icon isnā€™t clear either.

2 Likes

Thank you @ball . I will make a PR for this once the changes to be made get confirmed . What is your opinion on having this icon for allergies

@haripriya Can you send a URL for the FontAwesome 5.9 (latest) icons? I donā€™t like the hand with spots for allergies, but look to others for suggestions.

1 Like

Here is the link to icons: https://fontawesome.com/icons?d=gallery

The hand with spots isnā€™t terrible, until I overthink it and realize that rashes donā€™t happen on the hands much. Thereā€™s a nice one of someone with spots on his body who is scratching himself, but thatā€™s hard to make small :smile:. I was looking for something with a pill inside a circle-backslash, but I didnā€™t find one on quick search. In the absence of a truly outstanding candidate, whatever is consistent and understandable is fine.

Iā€™m okay with a trash can or an X for delete, although if an X I think it should be one of the more stylized ones such as this stylized X, so as not to confuse it with a close-window icon.

I agree with @ball that a word is better than an icon for Activate or Inactivate, since I donā€™t see an icon that is clear and common enough for this very precise action.

1 Like