Update from Bahmni 0.85 to 0.87

Hello, I am running into errors in attempting to upgrade from 0.85 to 0.87. It seems, I always have problems in one way or another with upgrades. I know it is probably my lack of experience with these technologies.

I followed: https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BAH/Upgrade+to+Latest+Bahmni+Release#suk=

Currently when I click on Bahmni from the homepage, it is just spinning.

Im guessing the server updated java as seen in running the following:

Can someone please help to get me back up and running?

Is it possible the upgrade instructions could be more spelled out with “common issues”? I just hate to have to bug you so often. :wink:

Thank you!

Did you try restarting openmrs

sudo service openmrs restart

unfortunately, @sravanthi17, that didn’t help. What else can I try?

I followed all steps again…here’s the openMRS log. error seems to be it didn’t update database possibly? also, is it possible it is attempting to run the wrong version of Java? Please help.

openMRS.log:openMRS010917.pdf (284.9 KB)

Hi @dnelson,

The issue seems to be with the privileges of the database user that the migrations are running. Do you remember making any changes to openmrs-user in the database? Or have you changed any configuration files?

no, I have made no changes. thank you!

Hi, Please refer to changes in mysql. Can you run the below command in mysql and restart openmrs.

That seemed to get me a step closer. I can now see the main Bahmni page.

When I click on Registration, I am getting the following:

and if I attempt to log into openMRS directly, I’m getting the following:

and yes, I have stopped, started and restarted a few times.


Can you remove bahmni-openmrs rpm and reinstall using below commands.

Note: Version should be the one you uninstall

here’s what I’m getting…it allowed me to remove…

Can you remove bahmni-openmrs rpm and reinstall using below commands.

yum remove bahmni-openmrs.noarch
yum install bahmni-openmrs.noarch

from Registration on dashboard:

from url/openmrs:

Sorry this is so painful.

Can you see if this helps.

I added the module downloaded the legacyUI Mod and moved to the Module folder. Restarted openMRS and still not able to access the bahmni dashboard or OpenMRS directly? Has anyone succeeded in upgrading to .87?

Is openmrs application coming up now? And on Bahmni Application right click and inspect to goto console and see if there is any exception.

current status…registration page:

On Bahmni Application right click and inspect to goto console and see if there is any exception.

Thank you for your response @swathivarkala. I’m working with @sravanthi17 now to troubleshoot the issue. I will post our conclusion / resolution in hopes of helping others. Thanks again.

1 Like

There seemed to be an issue with location mapping, however; after troubleshooting, we were unable to locate the problem. The end result was we did the following:

Backed up the openmrs database from mysql: bahmni -i local db-backup

Remove existing instance of bahmni

yum remove -y bahmni-* yum remove -y mysql-*

Then reinstalled everything: yum install https://dl.bintray.com/bahmni/rpm/rpms/bahmni-installer-0.87-81.noarch.rpm bahmni -i local install

For further coniguration on installing follow https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BAH/Install+Bahmni+on+CentOS

We finally dropped the new database, and replaced with our backup:

drop database openmrs; create database openmrs; mysql -uroot -p openmrs < filename of backup db

All in all, it seems to be running again. Unfortunately, I didn’t have backups of my configurations files so I now need to go back and restart configuration.

Additional Documentation to help in upgrade:

Thank you, @sravanthi17, so much for all of your time, patience and help in getting back to this point.