unable to create openmrs-runtime.properties file after redeploying openmrs

I was using openmrs 2.3.2 on linux (ubuntu) which I had upgrade from openms 2.0.6. I was upgrading the modules and I started getting errors then I decided to undeploy and deploy openmrs 2.3.2 but after undeploying I deleted the folder /usr/share/tomcat7/.OpenMRS . Now when I deploy openmrs.war and start installation it cannot create openmrs-runtime.properties file. What can I do to fix this? Also I am using tomcat7, java version 1.8.0 and mysql 5.5.62.

unable to create openmrs runtime properties - Pastebin.com

@jerome24 you can try to create the folder manually with the right path :/var/lib/OpenMRS and then deploy the openmrs war file to see if it can generate the run-time properties file in that path

I have created the folder /usr/share/tomcat7/.OpenMRS but still it cannot create runtime properties file. Openmrs runtime properties error1 - Pastebin.com

@jerome24 what is in /var/lib/OpenMRS/ ? because it where its expecting the properties file

My openmrs-runtime.properties was in /usr/share/tomcat7/.OpenMRS , I have recreated this folder and try deploy openmrs.war but there is nothing on the folder /usr/share/tomcat7/.OpenMRS. I have also try to create the folder /var/lib/OpenMRS (as per your suggestion) and deploy openmrs.war but still the folder /var/lib/OpenMRS is empty.

1 Like

Is this of help? What's the recommended OpenMRS application directory? - #6 by whiscard

1 Like

Thanks after typing this “sudo chown -R tomcat7:tomcat7 /usr/share/tomcat7/.OpenMRS/” it has created the runtime properties file. But I have stuck somewhere else https://pastebin.com/NbztDTVi!Openmrs Installation wizard error1|690x387

This looks like a mismatch between the database you are pointing to and the openmrs platform version that you are trying to run. If you have a database backup, restore the database and restart openmrs.

I already have the database openmrs database on mysql and it has a lot of data that I don’t want to drop the database because it takes a long time to restore (like 26hrs). Do you mean the database has the different version from the one I have deployed?

It looks like you are running a platform version older than the one which was used for this database.

Ok let me try to download another war file and deploy it again.

I have download and deploy a new copy of openmrs.war 2.3.2 and restart tomcat. I have run into another challenge which got me in trouble in the first place which is missing user interface. This challenge leads me to this page User Interface Modules - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki which inform me to install legacyui modules. But I have already copy legacyui module in /usr/share/tomcat7/.OpenMRS/modules. Is there other solution to this? user interface error - Pastebin.com

After pasting the legacyui module into the modules folder, you need to again restart OpenMRS.

I still get the same page with no user interface

Try clear the browser cache or test with another browser.

I still get the same problem. I have try it with chrome and mozilla

Share the current tomcat log via pastebin.com

Here is the current tomcat log file user interface error2 - Pastebin.com

Remove all modules and leave only the legacyui module. Then restart OpenMRS.

I have removed all modules and remain with legacyui then restart openmrs but i still get the same error. user interface error3 - Pastebin.com