Translating OpenMRS frontend via Transifex

Hi community members :wave:t2:!

I’ve computed a tutorial to explain how translators can provide some translations of the OpenMRS 3 frontend. Hopefully that’ll help some folks enrich the i18n support for O3.

:arrow_right: Translating OpenMRS frontend via Transifex

(I wasn’t sure where that would fit in the official documentation so it’s a Notion document for now)

Remarks:

• This is not automatically integrated via CI. Someone will have to periodically do a tx pull, then commit & push the new translations to the code.

• Only ESM Patient Management module is added for now. Will add all repos very soon.

7 Likes

Just want to say a huge thank you to @mksrom and @Mekom for putting together this extremely helpful tutorial!! Referencing this in our new O3 Setup/Dev Guide :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @grace ! Who handles the transifex in the OpenMRS community?

1. I want to join the team.
  2. The project on the transifex (esm-core) seems to be outdated.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Vineet,

1. I have added you as an Admin for the OpenMRS Transifex instance; you should have an invite in your inbox :slight_smile: Please follow the instructions there.
  1. What do you mean - how can you tell? If there’s a way you can see to update it somehow, that’s awesome - go for it, I just recommend keeping @ibacher and @frederic.deniger CC’d so we’re all aware of any changes that might impact the ICRC distro’s french translation work. I would not be surprised if there are strings that need updating.

2. Something I really would like us to set up is the auto-publish from Transifex directly to our GitHub repos, so that folks don’t have to go through the tedious export workflow (described here) just to see their work in Transifex updated in the O3 RefApp. I don’t know if that’s something you’d be interested in Vineet? O3: How to translate O3 apps with Transifex - #8 by grace

3. Are you interested in contributing translations as well? Because that’s great too!!!