There was an error while updating database to the latest

Application Name: Reference Application Version Number: 2.4.0 SNAP-SHOT

Question: I am getting a DatabaseUpdateException when intalling openmrs I am using MySQL 5.6.10 , please see attached error message

Error while trying to update to the latest database version org.openmrs.util.DatabaseUpdateException: There was an error while updating the database to the latest. file: org\openmrs\liquibase\updates\liquibase-update-to-latest-2.0.x.xml. Error: org\openmrs\liquibase\updates\liquibase-update-to-latest-2.0.x.xml does not exist at org.openmrs.util.DatabaseUpdater.executeChangelog(DatabaseUpdater.java:188) ~[openmrs-api-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?] at org.openmrs.web.filter.initialization.InitializationFilter$InitializationCompletion$1.run(InitializationFilter.java:1717) [openmrs-web-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_162] Caused by: liquibase.exception.ChangeLogParseException: org\openmrs\liquibase\updates\liquibase-update-to-latest-2.0.x.xml does not exist at liquibase.parser.core.xml.XMLChangeLogSAXParser.parseToNode(XMLChangeLogSAXParser.java:106) ~[liquibase-core-3.10.2.jar:?] at liquibase.parser.core.xml.AbstractChangeLogParser.parse(AbstractChangeLogParser.java:15) ~[liquibase-core-3.10.2.jar:?] at org.openmrs.util.DatabaseUpdater.executeChangelog(DatabaseUpdater.java:244) ~[openmrs-api-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?] at org.openmrs.util.DatabaseUpdater.executeChangelog(DatabaseUpdater.java:183) ~[openmrs-api-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:?] … 2 more

How are you running OpenMRS? Using the SDK?

Yes @dkayiwa am running it using the SDK how ever I was able to sort out the issue. I had an existing “openmrs” database so I changed the database name during installation and it worked.

Thanks @sidwelldev for sharing! @gcliff could you try this too?

1 Like

thanks @sidwelldev

Are you running on windows environment or mac or linux?

I am running on windows.

1 Like

hello @sidwelldev could your share your sdk logs when setting up your reff app 2.11.0 SNAP-SHOT

hello @sidwelldev @dkayiwa i have tried to change the db name but am running into the same errors reported in this thread … These are my sdk logs

1 Like

@gcliff do you mind doing it again with a database named ‘kayiwa’?

1 Like

sure ,no problem

@dkayiwa I have tried it again with kayiwa as the db name but still arrived at the same errors in the installation wizard

hi @gcliff I did another installation on my mac today and it worked like a charm. i was just following the same steps I did on Windows. Please find attached log openmrs_sdk_logs.txt (127.9 KB)

1 Like