Status of Reference Application 2.9 release process

@reubenv thanks for the great work you’re doing as the release manager of this milestone, what is the status of the release of Reference Application 2.9? Are we still on schedule for an October release?

Wyclif

@wyclif Thanks for the heads up! I am in the process of updating the technical roadmap . Once, that’s done , we will have a project management meeting and design forum lined up soon(hopefully next week) and I will also contact all the devs who are working on pending tasks and request the status of their work. Currently , I guess we are running behind schedule but hopefully we can still manage to release on time.

Ok, thanks!

@wyclif Please find the Ref App 2.9 Release Issue tracking document here. This list will be updated soon with more modules and statuses.

cc: @ssmusoke

@wyclif When can we have a project management meeting with the purpose of discussing the technical roadmap for Ref App 2.9?( I guess that is the next step as per this wiki). Currently the roadmap for Ref App 2.9 is empty

cc: @ssmusoke , @darius , @tendomart , @dkayiwa

@reubenv we always have the project management call on every Monday and it is open to every one. So no need to set it up. It already happens. :smile:

Oops, by set it up(sorry for being equivocal in my previous post) , I meant, we will have to set the agenda(discuss technical roadmap for RefApp 2.9 in this case) for the meeting beforehand so that those who are interested may join :slight_smile:

That is always part of the agenda. So what is left is simply your jumping onto the call. :smile:

1 Like

@reubenv the PM call every Monday at 11am EST is meant for exactly what you’re requesting for, and we always encourage release managers like yourself to join the calls.

1 Like

Thanks @wyclif and @dkayiwa , I’ll make it a point to attend the next meeting on 10th :slight_smile:

@reubenv How are we doing with the release process? Are there any more blockers? Are we good to go?

cc @burke @dkayiwa @mogoodrich

Hi @c.antwi ,

I am in the process of releasing the metadata module. Since I have a small doubt, I have created a talk post for it here . It would be great if someone could check that out.

I have been growing through when I have a spare moment and releasing modules… I’ve done several, but there are still a few more to go.

I was suggesting coming up with a deadline for getting these completed… deadlines are always good for motivation… :slight_smile: Have we come up with one yet?

Take care, Mark

Hey @mogoodrich and @reubenv

I would really like us to finish, so would November 30 be ok? I can send a few reminders :grinning::grinning:

Thank you !

@reubenv do you think you can release openmrs platform 2.0.7? The CI failure that you are getting is a result of this snapshot dependency. https://ci.openmrs.org/download/RESTWS-RESTWS-RTM/build_logs/RESTWS-RESTWS-RTM-781.log

Hi @c.antwi, unfortunately I am currently blocked due to one of the servers not having some data. Raff will fix that by the end of this week. So as soon as that’s done, I can go ahead with. We’ll surely strive for 30th but can’t promise :slight_smile:

@dkayiwa, thanks for looking into it. Platform 2.0.7 ? If I’m not wrong , that should already be released right?

@reubenv https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-core/blob/2.0.x/pom.xml#L17

Sure, that sounds reasonable to me @c.antwi for the things that I need to do, though the issue that @reubenv mentioned may be a blocker on his end…

@dkayiwa is the reference app still on 2.0.x, as opposed 2.1.x?

In lieu of the Event and FHIR modules, can the @SolDevelo team please provide us with any updates?

As in, will these modules be having new releases scheduled to be released with Ref App 2.9? If yes, then can you please give us a tentative date by which they may be released?

Also, please edit this page with your updates.