Starting my OpenMRS journey as Community Management Fellow πŸ‘¨β€πŸ’»

October has been a slow month with a lot of festival vacations. I took one of the long holidays (15 days) of my professional carries and spent quality time with my family.

Looking back on the October engagement :man_technologist:

• Fellowship: We are in the process of wrapping up a lot of activities for the 2022 fellowship program. Currently, along with providing the usual support to the fellows, I am also working on the hosting Fellowship Symposium. The draft agenda of the symposium is here and more announcements will follow soon. Have been helping @jennifer with the preparation of the 2023 Fellowship Program and have recently announced the call for applications (for fellowship and organization). This year we are implementing a couple of changes, like organization rotation, orientation sessions, and more.
  • Global events: Haven’t been active on global events calls, but have restarted joining the OMR22 planning call regularly.
  • Capstone project: Work on the capstone project has been slow. Will put more focus and additional effort to consult the ideas of the dev stage update in November.

What’s in the bag for next month? :school_satchel:

• Fellowship: Host the fellowship symposium and provide continuous support to the remaining 2022 fellows. Support in hosting the orientation session of the 2023 fellowship program.
  • Global events: Continue joining the weekly OMR22 planning call.
  • Capstone project: Restart the work and find the potential ways forward to engage with the communities to gather their ideas on updating the dev stages.

November is going to be full of exciting work, especially because of the announcement of the 2023 fellowship program and orientation happing around it. Looking forward to it.

2 Likes