We’re starting a new sprint around Platform 2.1.0. We’ll add some exciting features including:
- API caching solution based on ehcache.
- Faster and more robust patient search with Lucene (Hibernate Search).
- SearchHandlers for subclasses in REST.
- Support for complex obs via REST allowing to store images, scans, etc.
- Attempt at supporting Spring Data JPA.
Do join the sprint at:
I expect us to be done by Dec, 13th.
Thanks to @SolDevelo for getting us 3 developers to work on the sprint!
Thanks @SolDevelo and @raff for organising this!
Are there any plans of updating this? https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/Sprint+Schedule
Let’s summarize what we accomplished (sorry for writing that late):
- Starting from Platform 2.1.0 we will be able to use ehcache for any API calls in core and modules by simply annotating them with @Cacheable! For more details see https://wiki.openmrs.org/x/IYaEBg and https://docs.spring.io/spring/docs/current/spring-framework-reference/html/cache.html
- Lucene search for patients is not yet ready, but we are close! See TRUNK-425.
- SearchHandlers for subclasses in REST are now in place. You just declare SubresourceParameter or SearchParameter with value as part of your SearchConfig required or optional parameters.
- Complex obs are now supported by REST. You can store files embedded as base64 in json or post them as multipart/form-data with “json” parameter.
- Spring Data JPA isn’t there yet. We made some progress, but it seems to be a bigger time investment and we need to reconsider, if it is worth it.
Thanks to @SolDevelo for providing paid developers to work on all those issues!