Hello community:

During the Spring Community Meeting, there were points that stood out from the breakout discussions, some include offline and mobile solutions around OpenMRS. As a community, there is a need to explore and understand the different solutions developed to cater to offline capabilities and increased accessibility via mobile solutions.

We would like to welcome anyone in the community who has worked on or developing solutions around these two areas to share with the community via a lighting talk session. It would be a great way to learn from each other and identify areas of collaborations.

The lighting talk will take place on Monday 21 June 2021 at 10:30pm IST | 8pm Nairobi | 7pm Cape Town | 5pm UTC | 1pm Boston | 10am Seattle.

To sign up, please fill out this Google document or reply to this talk post.

1 Like

cc @saurabh

cc @abertnamanya this might be your best interest to kick start off

Thank you @christine I will be available for the meeting. Am native android developer (Java) but migrating to kotlin I think I will be of help on this project.

1 Like

@christine @jennifer there is very strong interest in this topic from the OHRI- and CDC-connected stakeholders. Is the plan still for this to occur on monday June 21?

The other groups who seem like they’d be great candidates for this talk are:

• the MF Squad who’s using OpenMRS 3.0 to develop an offline mode for use cases like HIV Outreach, NCD Peer workers, Community Physio & Mental Health workers (Ampath has been spearheading this so CC @jdick as the key contact)
  • the Nigeria UMB team who use the OMRS Android client (Okafor Chukwuma or Nannim Nalda would be good contacts to reach out to)
  • the mUzima team (CC @ayeung)
1 Like

Thanks, @grace ! mUzima would be happy to participate. Please let us know the confirmed date/time and how many minutes we have for the Lightning Talk. Cheers!

1 Like