setting up OpenMRS SDK with Reference Application

Hi, I am trying to setup OpenMRS SDK with Reference application on Mac computer.

UI Framework Error

Root Error

org.openmrs.ui.framework.UiFrameworkException: viewProvider referenceapplication does not have a view named home at org.openmrs.ui.framework.page.PageFactory.getView(PageFactory.java:295) at org.openmrs.ui.framework.page.PageFactory.processThisFragment(PageFactory.java:183) at org.openmrs.ui.framework.page.PageFactory.process(PageFactory.java:116)

Logs here: https://pastebin.com/tDNgUpUp

How do I fix this and make the Reference Application app UI up?

Hi @krishnashetty0000, is that the distro-file i gave you from the previous talk post ?

Do you get the error on trying to run the openmrs server?? or right while trying to build the distribution using the sdk ??

and which java version are you running on your mac??

Hi @mozzy, thanks for the response.

The current use case: I want to be able to run/debug the OpenMRS with the Reference application UI(like this one).

This is the distro file I have used, content is shared by you in other thread.

Java/Maven version details below:

• $ java -version
  • java version “1.8.0_211”
  • Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_211-b12)
  • Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.211-b12, mixed mode)
  • $ mvn -version
  • Apache Maven 3.6.1 (d66c9c0b3152b2e69ee9bac180bb8fcc8e6af555; 2019-04-05T00:30:29+05:30)*
  • Maven home: /usr/local/Cellar/maven/3.6.1/libexec
  • Java version: 1.8.0_211, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_211.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
  • Default locale: en_IN, platform encoding: UTF-8
  • OS name: “mac os x”, version: “10.14.5”, arch: “x86_64”, family: “mac”

@krishnashetty0000 Am sorry it seems i initially misunderstood you. My understanding was that you wanted to run the reference app on thelatest openmrs core version (2.3.0-SNAPSHOT) . If your need is just running the reff app ,especialy fordebugging and development, simply running the reff app -standalone is best for you. every thing you need to run it comes out of the box (pre-configured) , including mysql , tomcat , modules, etc. see Setting up Openmrs

My whole point of giving you that distro-file was for a case where you wanted to run ref-app specifically on the latest core version

in other words if your use case is just for development and debugging, just Download the reference application-standalone . You dont need any extra configuration. Youll just click and run

Issue resolved: I just had to change the “coreapps” version to 1.11.1 and “emrapi” version to 1.26.0 in the distro file given by @mozzy. Thanks a lot.

Yes, my goal is to run ref-app specifically on the latest core version.

2 Likes