At AMPATH, we have some developers starting who are new to programming in Java, so we are looking for some good resources (websites, books, free online tutorials, etc.) to get them familiar with programming in Java before we start teaching them about programming for OpenMRS. These are people who already know how to program (e.g., in PHP or C#), just not in Java yet.
Some of the online resources we’ve found include:
- Sams Teach Yourself Java in 24 Hours (covers Java 7 and Android)
- Beginning Programming with Java For Dummies
- Java: A Beginner’s Guide
More specific to OpenMRS:
- Materials from OpenMRS Training Courses
- javaBrains (Spring, Hibernate, Maven)
- Are there other good online tutorials for Spring and Hibernate?
Do you have a favorite resource for getting people started in Java programming? Any listed in this topic that you tried and didn’t like?