Replacing Modulus: Project Status Updates

Looking great @darius. I am really happy to see you guys bring this so far. I don’t see a project for this in JIRA (should we be using the existing modulus project)? A few comments:

• I agree searching could use more refinement. Specifically, if I search for "report’, I’d like to see results with “report” explicitly in their name weighted higher than those with report somewhere in their description or other content. I’d also like to see deprecated add ons at the end of the list
  • If I search for, and click into an add on, there is no way to get back to my search results. There is no navigation back, and the back button does not preserve my previous state.
  • In the module list, it would be great to display (and search on) the moduleid rather than just the display name.
  • It would also be great to link back to the place that it is indexing (in case that is helpful), and also to the github repository (if specified, say, in the pom or config.xml, or somewhere)
  • Clicking on “All Types” shows “Highlighted Modules”, whereas clicking on “Modules” shows a list of 200 results, seemingly un-sorted and un-filtered. It would be great to have either of these act consistently, and also have an explicit way to page through all available modules. These should be sorted alphabetically.

Anyway, not sure if this is helpful or desired feedback, but I wanted to put it down somewhere and this seemed the best place to do it :slight_smile:

Nice work, Mike

1 Like