Reference Application 2.10 UI testing sprint!

Instead of a row I am changing to column and I will name it “type of browser” used.

the test case name is this Browser and system display,so you are only required to talk about the mozila experience when accessing the application since you used mozila…

@irenyak1 i am carring out tests as tester No 4 kindly check my section and see

But there are many cases we are testing @herbert24. In my thinking the test case would be like the page tested and then the scenario would be like the functionality. Then we report the result. I see what you are doing but I have a feeling we are not going to capture all the functionality details. For example under test case ** Browser and system display**, when you report that this works fine with google chrome? what functionality are you referring to that works fine?

@irenyak1 did you look at the note under the expected result?

@herbert24 this is the expected result The pages should render correctly, all applications and features are visible and functioning correctly. Note:Add the failing and passing pages in your comments according to the google sheet. But when you say all works fine, does it mean all the zillion pages of the Ref App 2.10-SNAPSHOT work just fine? Does it mean you have gone through all those pages? Personally I would prefer to report page per page so that in case there’s any page that has been skipped, it becomes so easy for another person to notice that there’s a page that has not been mentioned in the testing. I don’t know how you look at this. It’s my view and proposal.

check my comments on that spread sheet

@herbert24 I read your comments on the spread sheet that is why I went ahead to create that post, because they do not show comprehensive testing. But it seems you are resisting the idea. Let me just leave it at that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

when you look at my comments i think i am adding the tested pages!!

These are your comments Found this working well with google chrome

@irenyak1 thanks for the effort and i call upon other testers to speed up since we are getting out of time cc @gcliff @mozzy @odorajonathan @sharif @jwnasambu

kindly refresh the page

That is my point, you may not be able to write out all the pages just in one comment so why not test page per page so that you know the result. I hope you will find time to internalize my concerns. We may rush because we want to finish but it will not be nice if other functionalities are left untested. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i get your point and the several things you may want to test for example the icons as you have been doing,we do already have a category for them.So you will get to see that the different things that you are testing out are already categorized. Then since we have the categories,we are making sure that each category is tested on the pages and thats the (NOTE) section of adding the tested pages.

as we are concluding the testing sprint today,i encourage all the testers to finalize up with the testing cc @gcliff @lufafa @sharif @odorajonathan @tendomart @christine @jennifer

i would like to thank every body who joined us during the sprint.We closed the sprint and our next step is going to be addressing the different issues from the sprint and the other threads were out comes of the tests were posted and make sure that their fixed.Also,you can continue with the testing and drop the out comes on this thread. cc @ayesh @mozzy @irenyak1 @jwnasambu @odorajonathan @gcliff @tendomart @dkayiwa @christine @jennifer

3 Likes

Thanks @herbert24 for the great work done. And i think all is fine , just that @gcliff forgot to update the wiki page with his test results. He only updated the Google doc.Though the wiki page is easier to access ,otherwise great work done.

1 Like

great ,the next step is compiling each out come and make sure that fixes are made.I am arranging all the tests made and make sure that they are all fixed cc @ayesh

1 Like

Actually it seems like @ayesh has fixed all the isuses :grinning:

we need to be sure thats why i am compiling them and there are new issues got during the sprint,so we shall be passing through one by one to make sure all is fixed cc @ayesh

1 Like