RefApp 2.11.0 TESTING SPRINT - 1 Begins !

Hello community , I am excited to inform you that we’re almost releasing Refapp 2.11.0 , before we reach the final phase we’re inviting all of you to help out in testing the features .

0.1 Objective To Test functionality / Bugs before release

0.2 Features (Sprint Dashboard )

0.2.0 Method 1 .Manual Testing

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YyyK9_lPpFghSKR14NqI8JC4WIp-v0FMtSjBRCStXKc/edit#gid=1222728156

High Priority features

1. Login.
  2. Patient registration.
  3. Patient search.
  4. Appointments module.
  5. Visit forms.
  6. Reports.
  • Low Priority features

0.2.1 Method 2 .Automated Testing using Selenium / Cucumber (Pending Discussions)

High Priority features See list of Features

1. Login.
  2. Patient registration.
  3. Patient search.
  4. Appointments module.
  5. Visit forms.
  6. Reports.
  • Low Priority features

0.3 Time frame

Start Date : 29th Sept 2020

End Date : 19th Oct 2020

0.4 Definition/s of Done

• When all the features above function as expected
  • When identified bugs / malfunctions are identified and reported
  • When testing results are documented at the results spreadsheet

0.5 Retrospective on 19th Oct 2020

Sprint 1

• Credits
  • Blockers

0.6 Testers

• GSoCER ‘S
  • SQUAD MEMBERS *GSoDER’S *GCI Former participants

0.7 Results Page / Daily standups for review

cc @sharif @gcliff @mozzy @jwnasambu @insookwa @grace @jennifer @herbert24 @dkayiwa @gracebish @dev1 @dev2 @dev3 @dev4 @dev5

TESTING ENVIRONMENTS

UAT-SERVER

OpenMRS SDK

Important links

Regards

6 Likes

Thanks @tendomart for this thread,May be to add on Every member in the community is welcome to carry out testing in different areas,this is so helpful especially for those who want to dive more deep in qa environment to learn more of how technical overview is help upon

1 .For testing servers , we are using http://qa-refapp.openmrs.org/

And, setting up openmrs-sdk with latest platform version

.For demo-server, we shall be communicating of whether its up to date to fit for testing which is soon.

Note: For we shall be using this very thread to communicate of any updates about testing, so feel free to use this thread thanks

Good Luck

3 Likes

@sharif , Demo server ideally isnt meant for QA testing. Primarily its only used to demo the latest released version of the reff app. In otherwords its only updated once a release is done.

1 Like

@tendomart , @christine ,

can you provide a link to the instructions on how to test with the Selenuim tool ??
cc @k.joseph

1 Like

True dat ,WIP

1 Like

@tendomart , @christine ,

can you provide a link to the instructions on how to test with the Selenuim tool ??
cc @k.joseph

@gracebish please use results spreadsheet for manual tests.

@mozzy it will be shared soon.

3 Likes

@mozzy Do you find these resourceful ?

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Testing+Releases

1 Like

GitHub - openmrs/openmrs-contrib-qaframework is usable for just a few tests but you can make use of https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-distro-referenceapplication/tree/master/ui-tests for now

2 Likes

I think we need to harness UAT-SERVER uat-refapp.openmrs.org

1 Like

thanks @tendomart . how can I help write these tests?

cc : @dbryzz

@achilep thanks for showing interest , @k.joseph do you want to show him ?The how to ?

1 Like

Thanks @achilep, so if you want to go integration test checkup , like how @k.joseph suggested you can look through this ref-app-distro tests and try to checkup whether we have already integration tests written, compare them with what we have here in [testing spreadsheet], we have over 80 tests, if you find there are som that need to be added, , feel free to update the spreadsheet will a ticket in jira(Ref App 2.x test cases - Google Sheets)

• This will help us update that spread sheet with tests that we surely miss and it will also reduce on time wastage testing already written integration test . let us know of any blocker… use this thread to communicate thanks
1 Like

For those who are new in testing, this how we should report https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YyyK9_lPpFghSKR14NqI8JC4WIp-v0FMtSjBRCStXKc/edit#gid=1222728156 . We may find they are some tickets that have been already worked in last release and they were not merged, feel free to comment on that Pr as this ticket has been worked on after trying to carry out test to confirm

1 Like

that would be awesome, are you talking about bdd tests where we are moving forward to?

2 Likes

I wanted to complete the test cases if there are any missing ones :smiley:, on this Spreadsheet. since there are only 16 test cases. if we are moving forward to BDD tests, :grinning: fine. It will be a good pleasure for me to bring :star_struck: my own contribution :star_struck:. @k.joseph

2 Likes

@sharif @tendomart am joining in too to carry out a couple of tests on this

That will be so great @herbert24 ,welcome

1 Like

Hello friends, Do you want to be a div1/div2/div3 , this is the initial point of interest i encourage most of fellow volunteers to participate in .i would like to call upon once again community members to participate in this release testing sprints and get familiar with qa- testing and how testing is done under the hood. Welcome on board of testing sprint, A lot to learn see us there cc @jwnasambu, @achilep ,@ayesh , @varung31, @isamanya @insookwa @emiriga , @prapakaran @miirochristopher @rainbow @dedrickt @teefe

7 Likes

well done. thanks @sharif