RefApp 2.11.0 TESTING SPRINT - 1 Begins !

Do we have a provision for those who are interested in coding instead of manual testing?

3 Likes

That would be amazing, @achilep and others can work along side the QA team to build some cucumber feature files written in gherkin for missing features in the spreadsheet.

2 Likes

@sharif can the sprint lead arrange for the above?

1 Like

@k.joseph what’s your availability this week ?

Can we harness monday working session time or some othertime?

It also looks to me most of the priorities of this sprint (manual testing ) have been cleared , it would be great to focus energies on bdd in the remaining time of the sprint,

or rather shorten it , do a retrospective and move to the next iteration.

@sharif, thanks for the tag… however, like @dkayiwa asked any coding provisions?

@dkayiwa: sure i think @tendomart should be looking into this as well

Yes we have over 80 testing and reviewing code in uitests-refapp distro, @k.joseph had suggested earlier to dive into this, i think there are some individuals who had already invested time to look through however i haven’t seen any response from them. But this should give us a go ahead for those interested in coding part

1 Like

@miirochristopher sure there is reviewing testing part and comparison between what we already have and what we need . so i advise to go ahead with the link i provided above Uitests, take time to review those tests , if you see there is some missing tests, then use the spreadsheet to report with finding. Then we can go ahead and report that in jira. Feel free to report back

2 Likes

very ok with the Monday working sessions at 8pm

1 Like

@sharif to be precise, i mean those interested in writing selenium tests.

1 Like

@k.joseph Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th are OpenMRS Holidays according to openmrs calender can we still go ahead with the meeting on 12th Oct 2020 ?

Yes, i think @k.joseph can give more updates about selenium tests, and i think there are some already tests that are already written but not all.

1 Like

@dkayiwa, we would wrap those selenium tests around the qaframework but am not sure if we have enough time writing as many as are needed or we may have enough to write features and the team uses those in cucumber studio manually for testing rather than using the spreadsheet. otherwise the sprint should be able to produce some selenium tests

3 Likes

please @k.joseph I am getting this error with qaframework : qaframwork error - Pastebin.com is due to org.openmrs.distro: referenceapplication-ui-tests : 2.10.0 , its not available on maven .

@k.joseph if we stretch this to tonight’s call and perhaps come up with a backlog of Tests , so testers can write those tests in the remaining days of this sprint ? Monday is light years away… :smile: :smile:

thoughts @dkayiwa

@tendomart when is the current sprint supposed to end?

@dkayiwa it’s supposed to end on 19th Oct 2020 but 90%of the manual tests are done , remaining bit is the anonymous load of automated tests.

But i was thinking of shortening it , and have more work added for the next iteration.

We do not usually do sprints this long. 2 weeks are normally enough.

I do not find manual test sprints very useful if they do not have something to carry over for the future like the automated selenium tests. If i were a volunteer working on this sprint, all i would need is a ticket to work on, some documentation, and an example selenium test that was done. I do not believe that this requires first scheduling a call, where not every one is able to attend because of the time zone differences and other factors.

2 Likes

Had done 14 working days ,

Okk thanks for this , let me try to see if we can have some of these tests on JIRA.

We have never done that before. We did calendar days.

1 Like

Oh ok thanks for this highlight.