Recommending /dev/2 for Aman Mishra

I’d like to suggest promoting @aman to /dev/2 (at least) in recognition of his impressive work on implementing PostgreSQL support.

He certainly knows much more about Hibernate and the database-application interface of OpenMRS than I do at this point. I hope we will see more such groundbreaking work from him in the future.

Shoutout to @dkayiwa and @jwnasambu for mentoring this work—looks like a job well done.

8 Likes

very well deserved …

@aman keep up the good work

1 Like

congs @aman

1 Like

@bistenes I consent with you 100% . I really had a good time with @aman. very cooperative ready to learn and ready to share the knowledge. Congratulations @aman and am glad you passed your project hope to see you more often in the community.

2 Likes

Thanks @bistenes for recognising @aman and initiating the upgrade! :slight_smile:

@aman started his GSoC project when i knew more PostgreSQL than him. But by the time he finished the project, he had learnt more about PostgreSQL than i do. So i now consult him on a number of things related to it, despite being his mentor. I guess this says it all. :smile:

4 Likes

Aeeeee! I thought I was the only one consulting! but @dkayiwa you still remain the champion.

2 Likes

No objection from me :+1: :+1: :+1: :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks a lot everyone for this humbling support. It really indeed is an honor. Hope to do much great work for the community in future. :smiley:

2 Likes

Congratulations @aman well-done :clap::clap: And thanks for helping @dkayiwa whenever he consults😃

1 Like

Kind greetings dear community, This intends to enlighten me for i am a newbie so any question to a certain extent is on point.

Is it protocol to mentor someone and at the end of business he/she’s upgraded on top of you? (Teach me the technical truth of that logic). My case study is derived from; @jwnasambu & @aman CHEERS.

cc: @dev2 @dev3 @dev4 @dev5 @dkayiwa @ibacher

:roll_eyes: @dkayiwa you are the one who can answer

@amosalimpa this is thoughtful! promotion is done when one has done touchable work. It really gives me joy seeing people whom I mentor prosper and honestly when my time comes I will be promoted for now I have too work more smarter and harder. Once again thank you.

1 Like

Congratulation @aman. :partying_face:

Keep up the good work.

1 Like

But in both formal & informal education, a student does not touch where the mentor/teacher/lecturer has not touched!! Being a touchable work therefore is not my major concern if deeply you digest my raised ignorance, this thus does not clear the dark cloud to the understanding of the LOGIC. More technical explanation would open my eyes. Big up!

@amosalimpa I remember you were installing SDK on your machine did you finally succeed?

@amosalimpa , OpenMRS is a community where different people have different strentghs in different areas …development is just one are in OpenMRS , theres Leadership , etc.

Just that we havent set up stages for other areas otherwise @jwnasambu would be a ‘dev/5’ in Leadership and mentorship

3 Likes

What!! friends we should be working already.

1 Like

Man, you said it better than i could do it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

congratulations @aman :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Sometime back i heard devs suggesting that someone has not to champion in all areas in order to be upgraded as long as he/she has an areas of specialization and doing it expectedly. Would it then be right to suggest that those souls of the likes of @jwnasambu among others be upgraded to where they belong in their lines of champion? @mozzy