A gentle reminder we have a QA team call today and on every Tuesday 10:30pm IST | 8pm Nairobi | 7pm Cape Town | 5pm UTC | 12pm Boston | 9am Seattle . All community members are welcome to join the call and be a part of the team that sets up the QA framework for the community.
Note: This week we have a guest from Mozilla and he will be talking about how he set up Quality assurance for firefox. The call will be on zoom on this link: https://iu.zoom.us/j/895298620?pwd=SFNmQUIvT0tRaHlDaVYrN3l5bzJVQT09
Below is the list of questions that will be discussed:
QA Process at Mozilla Now
- How does QA work at Mozilla now? What’s his role related to the QA Team these days?
- What’s the rough breakdown/proportion of Static, Unit Test, Integration Test, End to End testing?
- How are releases handled from a QA perspective?
How to Find and Maintain QA Volunteers
- Where did you find 50,000 people? Who are they, what do they bring to the table to start with?
- How do they keep those volunteers really engaged?
- How are they used right now? What do they do? Different tiers?
Setting up a sustainable OSS QA Program
- How did you get the QA program to run on its own, without you?
- Challenges you experienced setting up the QA program, and how you handled them.
- Share key best practices in QA that are guiding the way forward for you at Mozilla - or that you would like to be guiding the way forward!