Proposal for Limited Scope RefApp 2.13 & request for Release Manager

@dkayiwa am sorry for a bother! Kindly this link https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-distro-referenceapplication/blob/master/ui-tests/pom.xml is not active on my side. Was it shifted ?

What would you like to do with it?

Its the next step I have to follow after changing preparing.refapp.distro.release bamboo variable to ‘true’ to release all SNAPSHOT dependencies.

@dkayiwa I know some stages don’t make sense but am confirming my findings before updating the Release Document.

@dkayiwa kind help please! I have tried to trigger the release after overriding the variables on release version and the next SNAPSHOT version and am ending up with this error of which I have no idea on how to fix it.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7:deploy (default-deploy) on project referenceapplication: Failed to deploy artifacts: Could not find artifact org.openmrs.distro:referenceapplication:pom:2.13.0 in openmrs-repo-releases (https://mavenrepo.openmrs.org/releases) -> [Help 1]

As reflected on this build Reference Application - Distribution 2.x - Release to maven 13558: Build log - OpenMRS Bamboo. Kindly how can I go about it please?

@dkayiwa kind help please! I have tried to trigger the release after overriding the variables on release version and the next SNAPSHOT version and am ending up with this error of which I have no idea on how to fix it.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7:deploy (default-deploy) on project referenceapplication: Failed to deploy artifacts: Could not find artifact org.openmrs.distro:referenceapplication:pom:2.13.0 in openmrs-repo-releases (https://mavenrepo.openmrs.org/releases) -> [Help 1]

As reflected on this build Reference Application - Distribution 2.x - Release to maven 13558: Build log - OpenMRS Bamboo. Kindly how can I go about it please?

These is how I set the variables:

maven.release.version: 2.13.0    
maven.development.version: 2.14.0-SNAPSHOT

Can you try release again?

I can happily dance now. Reference Application - Distribution 2.x 13561: Build result summary - OpenMRS Bamboo. Thanks so so much for being a blessing!

@dkayiwa Its unfortunate the Demo server is not updated to the latest released version and its correct modules.

Can you create a deployment project for the demo server? Just like you created one for the UAT server.

I have tried to deploy but the build plan is failing on this link Log in as a Bamboo user - OpenMRS Bamboo

From the logs: ssh: Could not resolve hostname demo-refapp.openmrs.org: Name or service not known

Are you in position to fix that?

If guided yes I can fix.

Edit the deployment task and change demo-refapp.openmrs.org to demo.openmrs.org

1 Like

I have fixed the proposed changes. The build plan Log in as a Bamboo user - OpenMRS Bamboo is still complaining though!

@dkayiwa It has been fixed by @ibacher. Instead of deploy-compose demo I used deploy-compose demo-refapp oh poor me!

@dkayiwa The demo server is still running on the previous release! This is our demo deployment build plan Log in as a Bamboo user - OpenMRS Bamboo.

@dkayiwa Just to let you know am following you in the background don’t think I have given up.

@dkayiwa, @ibacher To update the uat server from a SNAPSHOT version to a full release version, I created a new deployment project as reflected on this link Log in as a Bamboo user - OpenMRS Bamboo. Though the build is passing and I have Reset uat-refapp, the server still runs the SNAPSHOT version.

@raff is this a side effect of your recent work on docker images for the reference application?