Proposal for Limited Scope RefApp 2.13 & request for Release Manager

Thanks so much! @ibacher was wise to advise me to just pick next alpha release version. I can Imagine how many time you were going to delete the tag.

@dkayiwa and @ibacher running a successful build has become hard for me.This is the error I’m struggling with failed: No space left on device as reflected on this CI link. I have Rerun failed/incomplete job only but all in vain.

According to your last build, you are trying to release version 2.8.0 and hence this error message in the log: [ERROR] fatal: tag '2.8.0' already exists

So you need to either supply a value for maven.release.version when clicking the release button, or change the default here: Log in as a Bamboo user - OpenMRS Bamboo

@dkayiwa, @ibacher I have managed to release 2.13.0-alpha.7 successfully as reflected on this link. On QA server everything is working as expected but not on UAT. I took a keen look in docker hub distro and realised the tag of this release has been released in a different location as reflected on this link Docker and not in this location Docker. Kindly could this be the cause? Is this related to the settings?

Which bamboo plan are you using to deploy to the UAT server?

This is my plan Log in as a Bamboo user - OpenMRS Bamboo

@dkayiwa, @ibacher, @raff kindly follow up on the above issue please!

@raff did any of your recent docker changes affect this? @jwnasambu’s deployment configuration has been working as expected, in the past. :slight_smile:

@dkayiwa, yes, the repo changed on dockerhub to openmrs/openmrs-reference-application. I missed to adjust the uat deployment. I see you already did that.

@raff Kindly am having a problem with what is reflected on the UAT server. First its running on a wrong platform version then the modules are not reflected when I click on the system information. Kindly how can I go about it?

All right! Let me check if docker-compose was updated as well.

1 Like

@jwnasambu it should be fixed now. One caveat is that it was released/tagged without the arm64 platform. I will adjust the build plan to properly tag with the arm64 platform with the next release.

1 Like

@raff I honestly can’t thank you enough! Am so grateful of your help. Kindly was the issue I was facing related to the variable in the Bamboo plan? My friend! every error I face is a learning point for me :rofl:

@jwnasambu the issue was that the deployment script was trying to tag uat with the docker buildx tool, whereas the release tag was not tagged with this tool rather with the regular docker tag command. Another issue was that the docker-compose.yml file on uat was not updated to match the new image name and env variables.

1 Like

Am so grateful for the clear explanation. As much as am new to docker, the release role has not left me the same. Its my desire after the release I get a chance to revisit the docket tutorials again and be a blessing to someone the way you have been to me.

@dkayiwa, @ibacher kindly am on the final release stage but am unable to access this page to change preparing.refapp.distro.release bamboo variable to ‘true’. Kindly do you mind helping me out please!

Did you mean this? Log in as a Bamboo user - OpenMRS Bamboo

@dkayiwa Thanks so so much for the help! I can access the page now. Is it okay I proceed with the release please? I have already spend 7gb on testing and some sleepless nights just to beat the deadline. If you feel its prudent I wait until the tests on github action are fixed I will surely wait.

This would be a good opportunity to get those tests fixed before we release.

Thanks so so much for the feedback.