Order Templates

@jdick, sorry I’m not fully understanding. I thought you wanted to be able to distinguish “Capsule” from “Tablet” the Order level. You wrote:

Wouldn’t this imply that the doctors are ordering at this level of specificity?

If you are actually referring to the formulation dispensed, wouldn’t this be something you’d capture as an Obs that is related to the Order and you could capture whatever granularity you want in an obs group? Sorry if I’m missing something obvious.

Best, Mike

Are we meeting now?

Hey.

We want to avoid (if possible) writing orders in terms of drug strengths. This means we can not use references to the drug table as this is required or each entry there.

Instead, we would essentially provide all the same information to create the order (dose, frequency) but ideally would provide all the information associated with ordering a drug that is within the drug table (except strength, # of pills) since there are more pharmacy functions and not emr functions (i think).

In your question above, we want to be able to provide formulation, just not strength. So it’s a hybrid of what currently is allowed.

Dear All

Please note that this design forum slot for Wednesday 20th March UTC 7pm.

Will Burke be able to join? It’s quite critical he’s present.

Burke will not be present this week.

He mentioned he will be back next week. but @akanter may not be available. Unless we move the meeting to April first week?

Kindly advise

I am not available Wed at 2pm CDT unfortunately and I am not here next week either (Spring break). I would go with Burke’s availability as I can always get caught up on recommended content requirements.

Hey Everyone

Can we then select a session from the following dates?

@jdick, sorry for the (long) delay in responding to this. Not sure if this matches exactly what you are looking for, but I wanted to point you to work that was started to leverage order sets, templates, groups, dosing instructions, etc. for chemotherapy ordering. This is a mixture of completed tickets, code that is mostly complete and sitting in branches, and some that are not yet started. The documentation and demo videos included should be helpful too.

1. First this thread on designing chemotherapy ordering

2. Some tickets related to this thread (labeled with “chemo-order”)

3. A module, which is mostly documentation, with a particularly helpful README that links to a demo video that shows what this in-progress work looks like

I’d be very happy to discuss further. We’d love to take this work over the finish line.

Best, Mike

Hey Everyone

@jdick , @burke and @mseaton are available for the design forum call April 3rd at 6pm UTC.

Can you confirm availability so that I can book the calendar?

Thanks!