Currently, limited quality assurance on the technical side of the software release is available to the OpenMRS community; little support is available to conduct structured and repeatable in-depth end to end testing of products. In addition, there is no support to conduct structured user acceptance testing that would help ensure that a release that meets the requirements from the implementation community. The OpenMRS community aims to increase the quality of our products by ensuring products meet specified functional requirements. This will be accomplished by a team dedicated to developing a more robust QA process that includes fully documented test scripts for end to end testing and a supporting automated test framework to conduct these tests.
OpenMRS, Inc is seeking a Test Engineer to join this effort to strengthen our quality assurance tools and processes. This position is part-time for approximately 12 months.
OpenMRS Inc. is a non-profit created solely to support the OpenMRS Community in our mission to improve health care delivery in resource-constrained environments by creating a robust, scalable, user-driven, open source medical record system platform.
- Able to understand the requirement and design test procedures and test cases for automated software testing.
- Develop reusable automated test scripts using both existing testing frameworks and custom-built code as needed
- Ensure that all automated testing related activities are carried out
- Work with the quality assurance team to develop and pilot an automated End to End testing framework.
- Work with the community to integrate the automated test framework into the existing ecosystem for additional contributors to work with and utilize.
- Use the results from manual and automated tests to make and document improvements to the framework and the acceptance test process.
- Contribute to OpenMRS sessions on quality assurance, tools, and processes.
- Experience in software quality assurance
- Experience with QA processes and methodologies
- Experience with using test management tools, including automated testing tools
- Dedication to the OpenMRS mission, vision, and values
- 5-8 years programming skills/experience relevant to OpenMRS programming
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience with project management software (including OpenMRS ticketing)
- Ability to work well with people of different cultures and in different timezones
- Able to to work remotely and comfortable with using online collaborative tools (e.g., Google docs, VOIP, screen sharing, etc.)
How to Apply:
- Please submit a cover letter and resume that addresses the responsibilities and skills outlined above.
- Send your information to jobs[@]openmrs.org
- For more information on OpenMRS, please see our web site