I’m on the Thoughtworks technology radar mailing list, as I’m sure many of you are. In one of the posts from this morning, they highlight “building your own radar” and use a newly developed Clojure Technology Radar to demonstrate how this can be used to develop domain-specific radars.
It occurred to me that an OpenMRS Technology Radar could be an extremely valuable resource for us to invest in, and would be a nice way to synthesize the experience coursing through various talk threads and helping all members of the community to understand the way the winds are blowing and to help them make informed choices.
Obvious examples of things that could be in various states on the radar are:
- Framework technologies (OWA, GSP, JSP, REST, Angular, SASS, etc)
- Modules (what is getting the most development, what is stable and used, what is fading into obscurity)
- Distributions (Ref App, Bahmni, KenyaEMR, Buendia, etc)
- Related platforms and integrations (DHIS2, CommCare, OpenSRP, MedicMobile, Odoo, OpenElis, etc)
- Formats and Standards (FHIR, OHDSI, Atom, etc)
I’d be interested to hear others opinions on whether convening a group to put something like this together every 6 months or so would be useful.