OpenMRS should run on PostgreSQL

Hi @dkayiwa , @jwnasambu I am Ritika, and I am interested to contribute in the project OpenMRS should run on PostgreSQL for GSoC 2020. I have built openmrs-core and need further guidance on how to proceed with the project. Can you please help? Thanks in advance. :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to the community and we are glad you have interest in openmrs . Kindly, have you had a chance of looking at this link GSoC 2020: Warm up practices for students?

Yes I am in progress of reading the open mrs architecture. Shall complete the above warm up practices and then start with this particular project. Thank you.

Did you take a look at the Jira ticket link on the project page?

Sorry @dkayiwa for replying this late as I was unavailable these days due to an emergency. Yes I did have a look at the Jira ticket link on the page but was unable to understand much regarding how and from where to start start work on it.

@ritika could you try to share the ticket link here …Thanks

Sure.

Did you also checkout the talk discussion thread link on that ticket?

@ritika here is the talk discussion, the comments are a good heads up for the start and you can also have a look at https://www.postgresql.org/about/ just to get familiar with postgresql

Feel free to report back any challenges or blockers :cowboy_hat_face:

Okay. Thanks a lot @gcliff

1 Like