OpenMRS Platform installation - No User Interface message

I have installed the legacyui module, as well as all other modules from the Reference Application.

I am unable to install Tomcat 7 on Windows Server 2003. Are you able to view the log errors I posted in pastebin? Were you able to see anything useful?

Thanks

Yes i looked at the logs and it is from there where i based to suspect that the tomcat version may be the problem.

Ok, let me see if I can find a new tomcat version that can be installed on my server. I am at work again. I will try to do this tonight (in about 5-6 hours). Can you specify where in which log you were able to determine that the tomcat version may be the problem? With that information, I can look to see if the same error shows up after a new install of Tomcat. Will keep you posted on my progress. Thanks

Hi dkayiwa,

I’ve installed Tomcat 9 (the latest available) and redeployed OpenMRS. Everything worked this time. I haven’t been this excited about a login screen in a while! Thank you very much. The Installation instructions should probably be updated to indicate that you need Tomcat 7 or higher (mine just happens to work with Tomcat 9).

Thanks to everyone for their assistance!

@avo if you go ahead and edit those instructions, it will be the best way of saying thank you! :smile:

looks like the wiki requires another login. I’m trying to get my password reset in order to do this. Once my password has been reset, I will update the instructions.

@dkayiwa and everyone, I am having a problem similar to this and I am failing to solve it after attempting all the suggestions here. I have deployed ref app 2.8.1 platform on Ubuntu 18.04 and Tomcat 9.0.17 (latest) and attempted both options here https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/User+Interface+Modules for adding the UI modules (i.e. legacy UI and Ref app addons) but it still says there are no UIs installed. Here is a pastebin of today’s catalina log https://pastebin.com/Xhz5akhz I don’t know if you would want to look at catalina.out. I couldn’t pastebin it because it’s really huge (45MB of text). I should note that this instance of Tomcat also has ODK deployed and it is working well. Would that cause any problems (At least it contributes to the large size of catalina.out)

Thanks in advance.

Which version of Java are you running?

$ java -version openjdk version “11.0.2” 2019-01-15 OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.2+9-Ubuntu-3ubuntu118.04.3) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.2+9-Ubuntu-3ubuntu118.04.3, mixed mode, sharing)

We do not yet support that version. Can you use Java 8?

Is that why it can’t recognize installed modules? Ok, thanks

@dkayiwa could you assist me with this error? https://pastebin.com/Xbw2TeLa I get it when I try to view a patient that I just registered. I wonder if it is related to this issue I am having with importing the concept dictionary: New version of CIEL concept dictionary added to dropbox

@johnblack, when i look at the error log, it looks related to a concept dictionary error .

This is caused by a mismatch between the openmrs platform version and concept dictionary version that you are using. What is the exact openmrs platform version that you are running? What is the name of the concept dictionary file that you used? Wouldn’t it be simpler for you to just use the latest release of the openmrs reference application without any concept dictionary updates?

1 Like

Thanks @dkayiwa I raised this issue already here New version of CIEL concept dictionary added to dropbox I have the latest version of ref app released 30th April. As I wrote to @akanter and @raff I have platform 2.2.0 with the corresponding addons 2.9.0 However, there is no concept dictionary dump for platform 2.2. Only for 2.1 which used and @akanter says it should work. So now I don’t know how to proceed.

This error also happens when you start with a newer version of the platform and then downgrade to a lower one using the same database. My recommendation is that, just do a fresh setup of OpenMRS.

1 Like

Hi @dkayiwa I’ve tried setting up my opemrs thrice (once on windows, twice on Ubuntu) now with different documentations but I always get to this page “OpenMRS Platform 2.1.4.2cb839 is running! If you are seeing this page, it means that the OpenMRS Platform is running successfully, but no user interface module is installed”. I have tried:

• copying the appdata modules from standalone to the installed appdata folder
  • trying to source the repositories for compatible modules (Please note that anytime I make a change, Tomcat is restarted) nothing has worked. System information JAVA - openjdk version “1.8.0_222” OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_222-8u222-b10-1ubuntu1~18.04.1-b10) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.222-b10, mixed mode) Tomcat - Tomcat 8 MySql - mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.27 OS - Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

@javadev Are you using Reference Application 2.9.0 standalone?

Yes I am. I deployed the .war file using my Tomcat 8. It installs succesfully but no UI

Could you try downloading the Standalone zip from here and execute the Jar file.