OpenMRS Platform 2.3.0-beta released for testing

Hi @tendomart, thank you for expressing interest in this. It’s very okay that you may still test with all the features as well to confirm everything works fine the same way with every one testing. Here are a couple features that can potentially be tested https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Testing+Releases .

1 Like

Are you using a UAT Server ?

It’s easier building your own local reference application distro and running it to test.

Great thanks .

Looks like I have a memory leak issue when I run the platform series 2.3.x with the Reference application 2.10.0. I am using Windows 10, and Apache Tomcat/7.0.92. I occasionally get the error java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded.

Some updates required here https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Testing+Releases

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/OpenMRS+Platform

This is fixed. It is connected to the many instances locally running in my tomcat container.

Thanks @tendomart, are you able to make possible updates on the page?

Had thought about it , your resources run out.

yes probably add a few links , and making the UX more straight forward for some one getting started.What do you think ?

1 Like

Yes, these are very great improvements. You may take the lead in this and call on community volunteers to offer assistance.

I just added something small , perharps someone will review.The rest may do as they see best , not a big issue.

cc @christine

@ruhanga Did a couple of GET Requests around the REST Endpoints and I think we are good to go.

Would be great if we can document this by listing the exact GET requests made and their status of working well or not.

1 Like

@dkayiwa alright will do that sometime later today.

@dkayiwa These are some of the endpoints which i tested. PLAT-2.3.0-BETA-TEST.docx (5.5 KB)

I tried running experimenting with platform -2.2.1 demo data set . But could not login so i decided to use default database data , and so some of the results are “200” with an empty set.

I will try out other endpoints and give more results if required.

How about doing some sort of wiki page for this?

1 Like

Alright will do this .

1 Like

Hey dear all,

It’s been a while testing the Platform before the full release. I would like to get feedback from OpenMRS implementing organizations and distribution maintainers on the experience with the 2.3.x series of the platform. I have scheduled for a full release on the 31st of October. We would like to hear from implementations that include AMPATH, Mekom, PIH, Jembi and owners/maintainers of distributions like UgandaEMR, KenyaEMR, Bahmni, eSaude, Reference Application among many more. Thank you.

cc: @ningosi, @ssmusoke, @slubwama, @mogoodrich, @mksd, @k.joseph, @nthfloor, @wyclif, @angshuonline, @dkayiwa, @c.antwi, @jennifer, @all

2 Likes

At PIH we are currently running 2.2.x… no promises, but I will see if I can test upgrading the PIH EMR from 2.2.x. to 2.3.x some time in the coming weeks.

Take care, Mark

1 Like

No worries @mogoodrich, do let us know how the upgrade goes. As for now, the platform is working fine with Reference Application 2.10.0-SNAPSHOT already.

1 Like