OpenMRS Platform 2.3.0-beta released for testing

Hi dear all,

Happy to announce to you that the Platform 2.3.0-beta has been released and is available for testing here. :slight_smile:

Implementations testers and community volunteers are invited to try out this pre-final release and to report any encountered bugs to be fixed before a final release.

5 Likes

Just an unexpected outcome that I’d like to correct. I’d like to have the released beta version of the platform exist under the prereleases folder than where it is now releases on sourceforge. I realize this happened because of a piece of config I missed out to override on bamboo while running the ci plan, this was not documented on the wiki → overriding build.release.type variable to prereleases value since this is not yet a full release. I have update the wiki documentation accordingly. Is there a way to rectify this on sourceforge?

Thanks

Nathan

cc: @mogoodrich, @dkayiwa, @raff, @darius

1 Like

wel done on this nathan cc @c.antwi

2 Likes

sounds cool man,thanks for the hard work @ruhanga

Gonna test it out

1 Like

I have deleted the folder. Can you upload again?

Yes @dkayiwa, sorry I’ve had some internet connection issues. I need to join the OpenMRS org to do this. My user name on source forge is ruhanga. May you add me to the openmrs org to accomplish this @dkayiwa

Did you follow the release process instructions on how to get there?

Yes I did. I could be missing out on how this can be re-done. Redoing the whole release process re-releases even to maven. Am I safe to re-release from bamboo the same artifacts :slight_smile:?

I mean requesting access to sourceforge

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I’m reaching out to @helpdesk for this.

@ruhanga Were you able to sort the issue out? Great work so far !

@wyclif the release has been made with reference to your question here Platform 2.3 Beta Release

1 Like

I’m still getting all the artifacts uploaded to sourceforge and pretty much there and now left with the platform stand-alone. I’m having some bandwidth issue that I’m getting resolved.

1 Like

A day ago, all the packages were uploaded to sourceforge and so OpenMRS Platform 2.3.0-beta is now downloadable in its stand-alone and and war packages.

1 Like

Congrats and many thanks ! @ruhanga

Hi all, I would like to know whether it’s now all okay with getting the Final release of Platform 2.3.0 out. A few commits improving the platform code base have been merged with in the past 2 weeks, thanks to @wyclif and community devs who have added these developments to the 2.3.x series of the platform.

cc: @mogoodrich, @dkayiwa, @mksd, @c.antwi, @k.joseph

@ruhanga has there been any testing of plaform 2.3.0-beta?

Hi @dkayiwa, I have tested the platform 2.3.0-beta and invited the community and implementations to test this version in this thread. I’m therefore seeking feedback so if there be any issues, these get resolved ASAP before we can have the full release out.

1 Like

Did you, or any one else, try to test the reference application running on platform 2.3.0-beta?

Yes, I have tested with the reference application 2.10.0. It runs okay though I have not exhaustively tested every feature.

@ruhanga which features have you not tested so i begin with those ?

@dkayiwa any uat server available ?

1 Like