OpenMRS Leadership Team Call 2016-06-30

Hi All,

We have a leadership call scheduled for this Thursday, June 16 @ 4pm UTC (12pm ET). If you normally attend but can not this week please let me know. Also if there are any additional topics or updates you would like to see on this agenda or a future agenda please let me know.

6/30 Agenda

1. Discussion:
    • Community Managment
    • Tech Update-release plans
    • Operational Plan
    • Governance
  2. Informational:
1 Like

@jthomas, can we spend 5-10 minutes on Uganda 2016 updates and prep for World summit 2016? I believe that both these should be a priority.

1 Like

Yes apologies @surangak I have this as sub under community management events.

For Thursday’s call @terry will be unavailable to lead the LT call. Is there anyone who would like to volunteer to facilitate the call in her absence? If not then I would suggest we cancel for this week and reconvene on Thursday, July 7.

FYI @jthomas and @burke will also be unavailable due to vacations.

Others may differ, but I feel that a meeting of some sorts may be warranted, at least to make sure that none of our new friends have any blockers. I’d hate to have Michael Healy being blocked by anything :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would agree @surangak just need someone to lead the call.

I will be unavailable as I’m on work travel this week. Apologies.

would be great if someone could volunteer to facilitate this meeting as i will am unable to be on.

Jamie, can we publish the details of the agenda so that people can see who is the lead and what specific items will be addressed? i think that will help - like you mentioned about Uganda…

I’ll be willing to lead the call, and discuss some of the community based events/activities such as Summit 2016 preparations which are quite urgent. Will probably depend a bit on @paul though :slight_smile:

I think I mentioned that I won’t be able to make this week or next.Andy -------------------- Andrew S. Kanter, MD MPH FACMI

Asst. Prof. of Clinical Biomedical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology Columbia University Email: andrew.kanter@■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Mobile: +1 (646) ■■■■■■■■ Office: +1 (212) ■■■■■■■■ Skype: akanter-ippnw Yahoo: andy_kanter

@surangak Is there a list of things that need to get done for the Summit? Do we have a project plan or checklist from last year that we could look at and then assign out tasks?

sounds great. I think that it is great if you lead the call. Thanks, Suranga! i dont know how many people will be on because many people are on vacation or on travel. Thanks for your willingness to do this!

I should be available. Happy to have @surangak facilitate. We’ll at least come out of it with a list of what we don’t know…!

Last call, I think Paul alluded to moves afoot to hire an event planner. How is that going?

I’ve mentioned in the notes before that when I’ve worked with event planners, they’ve not been a complete substitute for leadership in the form of an organizing chair. I think Michael used to fill both roles. I was involved in a 2-3 AMIA program committees and a handful of ISDS meetings - the later both before and after we hired event planners. I think we may not have the same need ISDS had for a program chair, but I’d suggest that we move forward with identifying someone to serve as an organizing chair.

But, I also think that, without Paul, or Board approval, the leadership group might not have the authority to do this - it means giving some budget authority to someone, as well as delegating decision making authority.

Bill

Details for the high-level agenda can be found in the notes page https://notes.openmrs.org/2016-06-30-Leadership-Team-Call. I would encourage those who can’t join to make notes for those on the call.

no event planner identified yet. I will follow-up on that.

Really apologize for not being available much these weeks. I am in the middle of a serious business interaction and it is taking up 100% of my time. I try to keep connected asynchronously. Andy Andrew S. Kanter, MD MPH FACMI

Asst. Prof. of Clinical Biomedical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology Columbia University Email: andrew.kanter@■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Mobile: +1 (646) ■■■■■■■■ Office: +1 (212) ■■■■■■■■ Skype: akanter-ippnw Yahoo: andy_kanter

I think we can discuss the Uganda event and should be able to draw up some timeline and deliverables.

1 Like

Would you want to join the call tomorrow @jaghatise? It is @4pm UTC on Uberconference.

Yes Jamie.

1 Like

@r0bby are you able to join tomorrows call to update people on current concerns/ issues related to infrastructure? @burke is on vacation this week.