OpenMRS India Community

Hi all! I am Gopal Krishan Aggarwal, a CSE student at IIT Mandi, Himachal Pradesh. I am looking for how I can use (as well as contribute to ) openMRS so as to help in overcoming challenges in coordinated healthcare particularly in Himachal Pradesh.

1 Like

I created the #local:india category for everybody to use. This is the first thread in it!

1 Like

Hi , I am Anupam A primary care cum hospitalist from Delhi. Am genuinely interested in implementing openMRS at my clinic and other small clinics of my colleagues, who are thinking of transitioning to EMR. Am a hobbyist, with a pretty basic knowledge of Linux, android( code with app inventor) and R( for data analysis). I work in a busy government hospital in Delhi with a small clinic that our foundation runs for charity. I believe now with openMRS clients for android. It has become easier for us doctors to directly input data into openMRS platform via xforms. I regularly use ODK collect and ODK aggregate( on Google app engine) to carry out medical research at my place.And research process has become painless and paperless.

Have just started trying out openMRS. Hope to interact and learn from you folks.!

1 Like

Hello guys, I am Software Developer. Looking forward to know how can I contribute in OpenMRS Community India. Let me know how can I collaborate or keep in touch with you guys.

2 Likes

@r0bby, thanks for setting this up as a community. During the town hall, we talked about trying to make presentations and updates more accessible by making ā€˜times of presentationsā€™ match specific community timesā€“and also reaching out directly to ā€˜communitiesā€™ that have been established. Having the India community as a thread will make it easier for us to work together . Adding @ayeung as that was partially her idea also.

This thread existed in #local , I figured out how to create categories and figured why not create it, @ngoel2 had requested it but I chose not to act when I cleaned up our IT Service Management cases, but knowing how to do itā€¦it was pretty easy to do it ā€“ so I just did it and moved the thread here :slight_smile:

Namaste everybody, Nishant Kumar here. I am a system developer, currently looking out open source alternatives in healthcare systems. Feeling great to get joined with other members here.

Hey is the Indian Community still active ?

Being an Indian Iā€™d like to know more about how OpenMRS is doing in India.

Waiting for a reply :slight_smile:

Bahmni is developed by Thoughtworks India :wink:

1 Like

I wasnā€™t aware about it. Thatā€™s impressive. :smile:

Thatā€™s great @r0bby :smiley:. Iā€™m thinking to know more about the Indian community of OpenMRS :wink:

Hey @ngoel2 I am Aryan. I am 16, yeah a student living in New Delhi. I have joined OpenMRS community last month. I get to know about OpenMRS through Google code in event. Honestly, I didnā€™t knew about OpenMRS before. I took a project relating to java inheritance few weeks back and thatā€™s how I joined the community. Later when I took more and more tasks about OpenMRS I get to know more about it. Indeed the tagline ā€œWrite Code Save Lifeā€ attracts me the most. Earlier I used to think coding for me only means game development, app development, etc. But, I never thought how coding can save lives and I searched about OpenMRS read many articles also about Implementerā€™s Conference. And yeah, at last it changed my thinking coding not only restricts to games, apps, etc it has a way beyond that. I may not be a professional but I love to contribute to this community :smile:

1 Like

Hey @aryu124 itā€™s great to have you on board :smile:. Looking forward to your contributions. It would be great if you join the Telegram chat of OpenMRS. Telegram and IRC are directly connected and you can ask your doubts and queries from mentors directly.

Please avoid asking any doubts from GCI comment section.

Feel free to ask any doubt you have and as I can see you have already introduced yourself to this talk thread. Your are in a perfect spot to check. This thread isnā€™t active for sometime so I wouldnā€™t suggest you using it.

PS: Iā€™m not a mentor :wink:

2 Likes

Hey everyone !

I am Atharva Sharma ! I am excited to see a dedicated indian community at Open MRS. Iā€™ll be applying for GSoC, can someone please guide me as to what will be the best approach and what to learn so that I can make significant contributions.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hey @atharva3010! Itā€™s great to have you with us. Please look at this to get started.

@suthagar23 will help you guide more.

Looking forward to your contributions :smiley:

Iā€™m also working on telemedicine.Will you please share the detail about the telemedicine if it is opensource?

Hi Naveed, you can learn more about our work here: www.intelehealth.org Yes, it is opensource. You can email me directly as well at neha@intelehealth.io

Hi Anupam Have you implemented openMRS and is it working? I head an NGO hospital in chennai and looking for people who are using it in India . would like to reach out to disucss

I am from himachal working for a govt. hospital. I am here for a very specific reason. Weā€™re developing a website for the hospital. Now weā€™re trying to reflect a ā€œBook an appointmentā€ option on the website for the ease of registration for patients to avoid long queues. The patient will fill up the form sich as name, age, sex, date of appointment etc. and submit and would get a token number or whatever. The day he comes for appointment, he wonā€™t be standing in queue but rather go to a machine where heā€™d just enter the token number or something like that and get the print out of registration /prescription slip.

Now being a non-IT professionals weā€™re not able to find solution for the issue as to

1. how would the data entered on the website by the patient would reflect on the machine?

2. Where and from whom to get such machine?

3. As the hospital already uses OpenMRS at the registration counter, the data entered on the website by the patient and printed by the machine, must also be added to the OpenMRS being used by the data entry operators at the registration counters. Otherwise the Open MRS would only show the registration of say 1000 patients for a perticular day whereas in reality say 100 patients were also registered through website. Basically 1100 in reality.

4. The token number which I talked about earlier must also be from the series being used by the Open MRS otherwise it would be a huge mix up in the overall data and reporting.

I am from himachal working for a govt. hospital. Weā€™re developing a website for the hospital. Now weā€™re trying to reflect a ā€œBook an appointmentā€ option on the website for the ease of registration for patients to avoid long queues. The patient will fill up the form sich as name, age, sex, date of appointment etc. and submit and would get a token number or whatever. The day he comes for appointment, he wonā€™t be standing in queue but rather go to a machine where heā€™d just enter the token number or something like that and get the print out of registration /prescription slip.

Now being a non-IT professionals weā€™re not able to find solution for the issue as to

1.how would the data entered on the website by the patient would reflect on the machine?

1. Where and from whom to get such machine?

2. As the hospital already uses OpenMRS at the registration counter, the data entered on the website by the patient and printed by the machine, must also be added to the OpenMRS being used by the data entry operators at the registration counters. Otherwise the Open MRS would only show the registration of say 1000 patients for a perticular day whereas in reality say 100 patients were also registered through website. Basically 1100 in reality.

3. The token number which I talked about earlier must also be from the series being used by the Open MRS otherwise it would be a huge mix up in the overall data and reporting.

If you could help, would be really nice of you. :pray:t2: