OpenMRS Condition List : GSoC 2019 Mid Term Presentation

Here is my Mid Term Presentation for GSoC 2019: Condition List :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

cc: @dkayiwa , @ball , @ddesimone , @mozzy , @suthagar23

7 Likes

Great work! congratulations to your mentors too.

1 Like

Thank you @jwnasambu :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is great! I wasn’t clear from the global properties whether you were adding a UUID for a CLASS of concepts or SPECIFIC concepts. I think there is a lot of interesting things which happen in the database when you manage conditions (or problem lists). I hope that this work will continue and you will continue to participate in our community!

1 Like

@haripriya I think you forgot to add #gsoc2019-midterm and #gsoc2019 tags. Great work btw! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great work @haripriya

2 Likes

Great Work!!!

2 Likes

Thank you @akanter :slight_smile: . I’m adding uuid’s for a class of concepts :slight_smile:

Thank you @andu033 :slight_smile: I added those tag’s, thank you for reminding :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @spkabugo1 and @c.antwi :slight_smile:

Great work, @haripriya!

A couple small bits of feedback to consider for UI/UX:

• Best practice for labels is to connect them to the radio buttons. In your demo, it looks like your mouse cursor changes from a pointer to a text cursor when you moved over the label for active or inactive radio buttons when adding a condition. Using the <label for="foobar"> (ref) syntax links the label to the element (e.g., radio button) allowing the user to click the label as well as the control thereby giving them a larger target to hit with their mouse.

• Pop-up confirmation boxes are often avoidable with good design. If you have the time for it, you could improve the user experience by providing an undo option instead of the confirmation box. In other words, whenever someone removes a diagnosis, instead of getting a confirmation box, they get an undo action that is present until they take another action or refresh the page. A common challenge for condition lists is they are easy to grow over time and nobody takes the time to maintain them. Therefore, the easier we can make it to get something off the list, the more likely people will make the effort. Using undo approach instead of a confirmation box cuts the number of clicks in half. :slight_smile:

Oh. And thanks so much for the icons… et les traductions! Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Thank you @burke :smiley:

• We have labels and radio buttons connected in Condition List. Radio button gets selected also when I click on the corresponding label. My bad that I made it look so in the video :disappointed:.

• We previously had the delete functionality(undo) as you described. We decided to have the confirmation dialogue after this discussion on talk.

Thank you :slight_smile: