OpenMRS clubs at High School and College Level

Reminds me the year 2014 when i did something similar for Makerere and Ndejje University. at Makerere we got many students interested that applied for GSoC but when none got accepted, they got discouraged and i had become 100% busy, we need to think of ways to grow their expertise. It seems many students want easier ways of contributing and so you want to adopt some of those to keep them around until they can grow their expertise to participate in GSoC.

4 Likes

No promises but we shall be having another UgandaEMR bootcamp so that can be the channel to get the students further engaged

2 Likes

hi steven,is it okie if you joined us today during the pm call?

@ssmusoke you having done such events in the past, would you be available to lead this?

2 Likes

I have liked the selfless spirit. Very interesting and admirable.

Hello friends, I wish to confirm to you that mobilization of Bugema University students, Kampala campus and its surrounding community is ending today and I have confirmed to the administration we shall be there tomorrow (Wednesday, 4/3/2020 )before 4pm (the event begins at 4pm). With me I have 130 GSoC and GCI stickers for distribution courtesy of @danfuterman and Our main presenter is @ssmusoke. I kindly request we all show up and help in one on one TALK for those interested student.

2 Likes

Thank you dear @jwnasambu, bear it in mind that some of us however falls to the other side that needs to be talked to!!! Is it a right place for us to be too!!?:see_no_evil:

sure! It is open to everyone feel free to invite a friend.

1 Like

Just a kind reminder, today is our day to chant Openmrs slogan in Bugema University Kampala Campus at 4pm EAT. Feel free to put on Openmrs T-shirt, GSoC T-shirt and UgandaEmr for that is where the presentation is going to be focused on. Thanks every one for your support and encouragement.

1 Like

Just sharing the photos from this outreach https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dWog-JmdupBIyOTjNxjIPwEnmPQiqzUI

3 Likes

great thanks to every one who came through the out reach, @ssmusoke thanks much for interesting presentations always.For bugema out reach ,we got 16 people interested in the community and i have reached out to them via mails and phone calls,i did share links with them that can easily get them to the different activities around the community. cc @jennifer @dkayiwa @irenyak1 @jwnasambu @sharif @k.joseph @mozzy @ruhanga @gcliff @burke @tendomart

5 Likes