OCL for OpenMRS User Feedback discussion

I got a bit more time to test just now.

About creating/editing dictionaries

• I created a dictionary. Then I click Edit.
    • and the owner dropdown looks like this: image
    • then I change visibility to Private, and the owner dropdown changes to this: image
      1. It should not show two options where there’s only real option
      1. It shouldn’t change the text for no apparent reason.
    • I do not think this is an MVP bug, though I’m concerned, especially given the next thing I did…
  • Then I did something random (closed that dictionary, clicked New Dictionary, then Cancel, then open the first dictionary again and click Edit) and now it looks like it lost a lot of values:
    • the owner dropdown looks like this: image
    • this is an MVP bug. It seems like state is being improperly shared across different instances of opening this form, and this makes me concerned about the underlying code.

About creating concepts:

• I added “Reasons for Referral” to my dictionary. First it does a nice-looking thing where it shows that it’s going to add 39 dependent concepts, then the number goes up to 42. But then it just says “Finalizing” and it waits there for a long time.
    • That text is not helpful. I would change the initial text to say “Found X dependent concepts to add” and then “Adding and dependent concepts. This may take several minutes. DO NOT NAVIGATE AWAY FROM THE APPLICATION UNTIL THIS IS COMPLETE.”
    • I notice that I was able to navigate away from the Add screen and it seemed like things kept working, which is nice. (If this is not the case, then we need to prevent navigating away.)
    • I left the tab and when I came back to it the message was gone and I didn’t see any of the new concepts in my dictionary. I did a browser refresh and then I could see them. (This is MVP, that when the long-running task completes and you’re looking at the dictionary, it must refresh to show you the new state.)
  • At this point one of my concepts is being displayed with a French name, and everything else with English:
  • I try to create a concept with the same name as an existing concept that I already added from CIEL (“Night Blindness”) and the UI never gives me any indication that there was an error. (It showed a yellow message, then refreshed the concept list.). The result was that if I look on the back end my Source did have a concept created, but this was not added to my Collection.
    • I think this is an MVP to fix (i.e. don’t want to ever end up in the state where there is some concept in our Source, but not in the Collection.)
    • Or did we already discuss this and decide it was too hard to fix now?
    • The additional confusing thing for the user is that because of this I have used up an OCL ID, though I cannot see this in the new UI. So if I try to create my next concept with id 1 (since there’s nothing with that ID in the collection yet) I get a different error message that’s hard to interpret, and it disappears after ~5 seconds, which wouldn’t be long enough if I didn’t already know what’s going on. And then whatever I entered is lost. (“An error occurred when creating a concept. Concept with this Mnemonic and Parent id already exists. for all”)