@herbert24 when is it ?
@tendomart kindly follow the conversations on this thread
Is it that hard to just drop the date ?
its just that there a few things i wanted you to read through on the thread for which i also got you tagged,for example submitting your interest to attend the on boarding sessions.This was done a few days back and i felt that you could be interested that is why i suggested that you first pass through the previous conversations to easily get to the steps that you might have missed!
This is amazing! I wish I had known that @karuhanga was working on this! Lincoln, you really need to join our calls! There are a few issues with what I saw, but it was pretty slick. I think @ball and the team need to review to see whether this is a code base we can build on or not. A bigger question is how do we utilize your time going forward to make improvements with the squad.
I am not sure who exactly can respond to my bit of confusion as I am trying to understand what the task is at hand… Noted in this talk thread is that these two versions are similar but would want to know anyway
- Which code base are we to contribute to?? https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-ocl-client or https://github.com/Karuhanga/openmrs-ocl-client-v2/tree/development I ask this because of this thread OCL for OpenMRS: Sources and Collections which the last message I see @karuhanga says he dropped the idea.
- From the discuss on the thread I have just shared there were a number of suggestions that were put forward especially the one of two collections(private collection and public which is published)…Is this the flow we are going with. Am sorry if these were clarified elsewhere or am just missing a point since I dont have much experience with concepts handling…Your help here goes a long way. Kind regards.
Communication on this will be made shortly by @herbert24, but even if we go with v2, we’ll move the code to the same repo.
The dropped discussion(different thread) was on whether to split collections and dictionaries and after the discussion, it was clear it wasn’t going to be better than the current approach.
Thanks Andrew, I needed to propose this when it had reached the same level of functionality we previously had and I’d hope we can pick up the pace going forward. I’ve spoken to @herbert24 about my continuing work with this team and we have a way forward that will include me contributing and helping on board new devs.
Kindly share the issues you identified.
great thanks for this @karuhanga
Are we planning to record the OnBoarding Sessions on Zoom ?
Hello this is a reminder to join us for the OCL/OCL for OpenMRS Squad meeting to be held today (Wednesday, 12 February 2020) and every Wednesday : https://iu.zoom.us/j/750230470
- 3pm UTC
- 6pm EAT
- 10AM EST (Boston)
- 9AM CST (Chicago)
- 7AM (Seattle)
Agenda -updates on testing lincon’s code base
Hello every one,tomorrow Thursday, 20 February 2020 ,we shall be checking on progress for all members who applied for the on boarding session on a call here uberconference.com/openmrs at 5pm EAT.We expect members to have passed through the react resource that i dropped some time back.Remember to address all your blockers during the call in relation with react.@reagan @sharif @mozzy @jennifer @jecihjoy @jdick @kuang @whiscard @dkayiwa @darius @akanter @burke @jwnasambu @irenyak1 @tendomart @mseaton @mogoodrich @karuhanga @paynejd @ibacher
Could we add in the readMe to show that we need to install python2, Windows build tools (where applicable)and serialport4 because 3 cant build somethings…This is due to the hustle i had to muddle through before I got things working @herbert24
A gentle reminder to every one who applied for the on boarding sessions,today Thursday, 20 February 2020 ,we shall be checking on progress for all members on a call here uberconference.com/openmrs at 5pm EAT.We expect members to have passed through the react resource that i dropped some time back.Remember to address all your blockers during the call in relation with react.@reagan @sharif @mozzy @jennifer @jecihjoy @jdick @kuang @whiscard @dkayiwa @darius @akanter @burke @jwnasambu @irenyak1 @tendomart @mseaton @mogoodrich @karuhanga @paynejd @ibacher
@jwnasambu for the error you are facing,could you try these steps
npm cache clean --force
In the conference call I was asked to share some of the errors i encountered during the set up of the dev environment… I had already forked and clone the repo.
- Since I havent been doing python coding I didnt have it installed…To check if you have it you can type python in the console and see if it is installed otherwise go to https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2716/ and download python2 and install it.And if you are on windows you may need to follow this to set up the path https://geek-university.com/python/add-python-to-the-windows-path/ While we are doing client side work that is mainly react and redux…this installation is necesssary
- I got an error showing "MSBUILD : error MSB4132: The tools version “2.0” is unrecognized. Available tools versions are “4.0” which you can read up here https://github.com/chjj/pty.js/issues/60 and the simple solution was to run these two commands npm install --global --production windows-build-tools and npm config set msvs_version 2015 --global
- However doing step three brought another error which was to do with a certain internal build that i didnt get down to investigate much however i noticed that the current SerialPort version: 4.0.3 package needs to be updated to SerialPort version: 4.0.4 by the help of this post https://github.com/serialport/node-serialport/issues/984.
- I ran npm install which was successful and npm start that started the project… I guess it might have been due to lack of some preconfigs…and this was also for windows environment…other OS could have a different story…Kind regards.
Finally my server is up and running thanks @reagan, @herbert24, @jwnasambu yesterdays call was so productive honestly. Am facing a challenge though with running OCL-CLIENT,After clicking on the a concept dictionary, they seem to take long to be uploaded, is it on my server or its common problem
kindly drop the steps that helped you set up the environment here in-order to help others,I am getting off my desk now, will be back at 2 PM EAT to help you with the challenge
hi @sharif could you kindly explain me more on the challenge that your facing
The server was the problem , but later alone, everything was very fine thanks @herbert24